Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Share your views and experience.

Consumer Court orders General Motors to refund for selling defective car

Postby vineet » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Consumer Court orders General Motors (GM) to refund customer with interest for selling car (Chevrolet Sail) with manufacturing defect.

Dear Friends,

Want to share this with you all just to reinforce your belief in judiciary. The things are slow but if you fight for the right cause, truth prevails in the end.

I had filed this consumer case in Consumer Forum Faridabad against the faulty vehicle Chevrolet Sail sold to me by General Motors. The forum ordered General motors to refund the entire sales consideration with 9% interest from the date of filing the complaint. The manufacturer filed an appeal against the order which was dismissed by State consumer forum. Finally, I received my refund last week after fighting this battle for 2 years and 9 months.

Have faith in judiciary and fight for the right causes. The monetary compensation may or may not justify the efforts you put in but for sure you are doing your bit to cleanse the system. The more awareness consumers show, the cases of cheating, misrepresentation of facts will go down. We will thus be able to handover a better country to our future generations.

Regards,

Vineet
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
vineet
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Return to Expert Opinions