Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

All updates regarding SAVANA

RPS Savana Residents Contact List - Global Access

Postby satpalsharma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Over the past few days the residents of Savana were interacting over emails about various issues that are cropping up.

It's good to see that all the residents are coming together to see what can be done.

Ajay koul initiated the process of keeping the contacts of all the residents in sync with the help of an excel file.

That file is now transferred to Google Docs wherein it can be managed globally by all of us. The spreadsheet is available available @ http://goo.gl/elih

This can be edited by anybody who has this above link. It'll be really helpful if all of you participate in keeping the list up-to date.

You can save this link with you and access/modify your details any point of time. New members can add there detail at the bottom of the list.

Please keep this link to yourself and share it with other Savana residents. Right now the list is public that means anybody who has this link can view/modify the spreadsheet. We can later on make this list private also.. but I thought in the beginning its viable to keep it open so that anybody can come and update his/her details.

Let me know your thoughts or suggestion to improve this further.

Once again the link to access the contact list is http://goo.gl/elih
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: RPS Savana Residents Contact List - Global Access

Postby webmaster » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Satpal,

Thanks for your efforts and great to see members participating more on the forum which is a good sign :)

Regarding the Contact list of the members, we have already introduced the Mailing List for the Savana forum members, the link

rps-savana.co.in/Mailing-List.php

This is a consolidated list of all the members with their contact information (Name, Phone number, Tower, Current address). The benefit of this list is that it is integrated with the website and forum database and is centrally located, the list is already updated with the contact information of about 80% of the current members. The reason why the Mailing list was introduced, to have a central repository of the contact information of all the members, and the mailing list is used to send out communication to all the registered members. Though everyone can update and add their information, the admin access is limited due to security and privacy reasons. But anyone can request me to grant him/her access to the mailing list and I would be glad to do so.

So I urge everyone to update the mailing list with their contact information. :thumb:
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby satpalsharma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:42 pm

That's great Jayanta!

My intent was not to take members away from the forum, it will be great if we have a central database of all the members accessible to everybody.

I think with this spreadsheet idea, people feel more connected as they can see other people personal details such as mobile no., email ids.. the flat they'll going to reside.

As far as privacy is concerned, you can find few members who didn't fill one thing or another in the sheet. Its purely up-to them what they want to share.

I'm not sure if all the members which are there on the spreadsheet are already registered in this website. If that's the case then we don't have to maintain a separate list IF the information which is there in the list is available for everybody to view.

The point is.. if whatever details that list (http://goo.gl/elih) is providing is available on this forum for the member then why to create two separate instances of the same thing. BUT if it is not like that then these two things are serving different purpose, so let it be there.
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby satpalsharma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:44 pm

I think all this started with the discussions which were going on with loads of email addresses in the email thread from the past few weeks.

One of the suggestion which directly comes to my mind is having a SINGLE email ID to reach ALL members
    An ID to which any person sends a mail and it will reach every member registered in this site. for eg. allresidents [at] rps-savana.co.in

Recently there were discussions which started on email and went on for a couple of days with so many email ids in the thread.. We should have a SINGLE email ID available to all the members. This way people don't have to share their personal id (if they don't want to share it)

Is that possible?
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby webmaster » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm

satpalsharma wrote:I think all this started with the discussions which were going on with loads of email addresses in the email thread from the past few weeks.

One of the suggestion which directly comes to my mind is having a SINGLE email ID to reach ALL members
    An ID to which any person sends a mail and it will reach every member registered in this site. for eg. allresidents [at] rps-savana.co.in

Recently there were discussions which started on email and went on for a couple of days with so many email ids in the thread.. We should have a SINGLE email ID available to all the members. This way people don't have to share their personal id (if they don't want to share it)

Is that possible?

Hi Satpal, this is possible through the mailing list itself. Though its not possible to have a common email address, the mailing list will serve the purpose. The mailing list is based on phplist, a mailing list software. When a member signs up for the mailing list, the email address and other details are updated in the database. So when we send out an email through phplist, it is automatically sent to all the registered members in the mailing list. It acts as an email distribution list.

When we manually send out emails adding the email addresses, there is a good chance that new members are not added.

You must have received an email today regarding the mailing list, that was sent through the mailing list software. Since its a central database, its easier to maintain and manage. All the updated information can be readily downloaded as an excel file.

Though access is restricted, anyone can request me access and I would gladly provide access for the mailing list.

Attached is the list of Savana members with all the email addresses, and the details they have updated.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby satpalsharma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 pm

You as an admin can send the mail to all members in one go but all the members can't do that and also giving admin access to all the member is not a viable option.

We should look into a way wherein an address is generated and sending a mail to that address actually ends up in every member's inbox.

For Eg. My current society where i'm residing has over 1,000 families, We have a Yahoo Group wherein everybody get registered by sending a mail to an group email address from their personal email a/c. After that whatever discussion one wants to do, he/she can send a mail to a SINGLE email id which gets delivered to all the members and people also reply to that SINGLE email id.

Can you imagine how greatly it reduces the burden of having a email with hundred different id's...

That's what happened over last week. I've 5-6 different threads going on with different members.. some are receiving emails.. some not.. and what about new members.. they are not getting updated as you mentioned.

May be we should look into the alternate solution where we can able to achieve that. Instead of using your default mailing list why don't you create a Yahoo Group or Google Group and let the user register themselves in that group. That ways we can always have a benefit of creating a one SINGLE email id to interact with each other.

It will greatly enhance the experience. All the people might not get the time or chance to visit the forum, if we can come up with a solution like this.. it will greatly enhance the communication amongst the residents of Savana.

I can help you in creating a group if you require.
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby vindaonline » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 am

Hi Jayanta,
I think, creating 1 email address make sense & would be a great way to reach everybody through a single email address.

I would say, lets create it immidately without waiting that group members are missing any kind of information.

Thanks,
Varinder
vindaonline

Postby satpalsharma » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Creating different modes of communication will end up hampering our unity.

I just sent a mail to the residents amongst which we were sharing emails over the past few days. Would like to post it here for the benefit of other users also who are not part of that communication.

---------------------------
Hello All,

I have a suggestion in mind so I thought let me share it with you.

Having different modes of communication will not help us in achieving a unity. We should maintain a single forum and mode of communication which will enhance over time to become an integral part of communication amongst the residents of Savana.

I can see one nice effort by Jayanta by creating a website rps-savana.co.in

I'm sure most of you are already registered to that website. It has a database of over 185 users already and is growing. We should stick to that website as our communication portal and should not divulge into separate forums.

The only thing which I personally feel is missing is a SINGLE email id to contact all the users. Keeping hundreds of email id attached in every mail is not a optimal solution. I already post a topic in the forum to discuss it with Jayanta on how we can achieve a single email id which we can use to communicate with each other. (http://www.rps-savana.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=100)

There is another effort started by Gaurav Jain by creating a Google Group which will serve the above purpose BUT in return it will again create a diversion from the above forum. Some user will subscribe.. some will not.. and in the end we'll end up creating different forms of communication and it will be hard to choose amongst the various options.

I've transferred the excel sheet initiated by Ajay Koul as a Google Spreadsheet (http://goo.gl/elih) but I also found out that most of the people putting information in that spreadsheet are already the members of the RPS Forum created by Jayanta.

Personally I feel that we should stick to ONE MODE of communication and for now I think the RPS Forum has a largest no. of user database. We only need to come up with a SINGLE email id which can connect to all the user base of that Forum.

This will help in creating a unified experience for all the residents and will help us in the coming time by becoming an integral part of communication medium amongst us.

Combining different modes into a single unified experience:
1) RPS Forum (rps-savana.co.in/forum/)
2) Mailing List
    A SINGLE email id to communicate with all users. The current RPS Forum Mailing List does not serve the purpose as it is only for the admin to use.
3) Contact List (http://goo.gl/elih)
    This information you can get at the Forum also. You can ask Jayanta to share the list of all the users.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Satpal Sharma.
-------------------------------------
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sunjay.dhingra » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Dear Friends

This is really great experience, our forum is moving to uphills day by day.

For Sunday meeting, i was bit late and could'nt be part of the meeting. But I spent good time with RPS officials and discussed most of the issues. Its good to see RPS is very professional and committed to the deliver the project on time.

Thanks
Sanjay Dhingra

[/color]
Jayanta wrote:
satpalsharma wrote:I think all this started with the discussions which were going on with loads of email addresses in the email thread from the past few weeks.

Is that possible?

Hi Satpal, this is possible through the mailing list itself. Though its not possible to have a common email address, the mailing list will serve the purpose. The mailing list is based on phplist, a mailing list software. When a member signs up for the mailing list, the email address and other details are updated in the database. So when we send out an email through phplist, it is automatically sent to all the registered members in the mailing list. It acts as an email distribution list.

When we manually send out emails adding the email addresses, there is a good chance that new members are not added.

You must have received an email today regarding the mailing list, that was sent through the mailing list software. Since its a central database, its easier to maintain and manage. All the updated information can be readily downloaded as an excel file.

Though access is restricted, anyone can request me access and I would gladly provide access for the mailing list.

Attached is the list of Savana members with all the email addresses, and the details they have updated.

sunjay.dhingra

Postby webmaster » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Hello All,

Based on the feedback and suggestion by Satpal and others to have one single email address as a mode of coomunication to all the savana members, I have put in some thoughts to find a workaround and solution to the problem. :)

If we create a single email address like members @ rps-savana.co.in and sending an email to that email address automatically sends out email to all the members of the forum to their respective email addresses, will that solve the problem ? Though people will not be able to see the individual email address of each member as the from email address will be displayed as members @ rps-savana.co.in, but all members will receive emails sent to that one single email address.

Regarding the complete contact list, people can still update their details in the mailing list or the google group. The mailing list is not only for the admin :P , access to the mailing list can be provided to anyone on request, only reason why access is restricted is because many people will not find the interface user friendly or easy to navigate.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby satpalsharma » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:00 pm

I think this is one step forward to implement what we were discussing.

Please create that mailing address and you can send a Test email to that address.. I can then reply all to that email to see if everybody receives those emails.

This way our primary discussion will happen on Forum only.. but if anybody wants to notify about a certain topic via email and not through the forum, he/she can still do that by sending email to the email id which you just mentioned.

Thanks for your efforts.
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby satpalsharma » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 am

Hey Jayanta..

I think we should create a single email id as you were suggesting and close this loop now.

We are putting lot of discussion on this and we need to end this now and focus on other important issues.

Once the ID is generated we can mail all the users in the email thread to focus on this forum and use that email id for communication over email.

We can also tell the user of that google spreadsheet to update their details on this forum and us this as a central piece of reference and communication.

Few suggestions for the email id:
    1) residents @ rps-savana.co.in
    2) everyone @ rps-savana.co.in
    3) members @ rps-savana.co.in
    4) allusers @ rps-savana.co.in
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby satpalsharma » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Hey Jayanta,

Thanks for creating the email id for communication over email.

I've notified the people in the email thread and also who have put the information in the spreadsheet to join the forum and use this forum (http://www.rps-savana.co.in/forum/) and the email id members @rps-savana.co.in you've created as the primary communication channel.

Let's make this forum more effective and efficient over time.

Thanks,
Satpal Sharma.
satpalsharma
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby webmaster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks Satpal for following up and updating the members regarding the email address.

Based on all your suggestions, we have created one common email address for all the savana members. The email address is

Code: Select all
members@rps-savana.co.in

Sending an email to the above email address will automatically email all the members to their respective email address.

A few points,

1. The email sent to members @rps-savana.co.in will always have prefix (Savana Forum) so that its easy for us to identify that the email was sent to the email distribution list.

2. Only the registered email address with the forum and the mailing list will be included in the distribution list.

3. Any mail sent from an email not registered with the forum or the mailing list to members @rps-savana.co.in will not be sent automatically, it will need to be approved by the admin after which the email will be sent. This is to prevent spam emails being sent out to the distribution list.

Any member who wishes to register additional email address from which they want to send emails, please send me the email addresses and I will have them included.

4. The mailing list will still remain our primary database for members contact information, so I request everyone to register and update their details on the mailing list.

http://www.rps-savana.co.in/Mailing-List.php

The mailing list is not only for the admin, but for every member in the forum. Anyone who requires access, please feel free to send me an email and I will grant access.

5. Anyone who does not want their email address to be included the distribution list and does not wish to receive emails, please let me know and I will remove the email address.

6. When quoting any email address on the forum, always try to wrap them in code
Code: Select all
  email address

or quote them like email @email.com, with space in between. This is to prevent bots from capturing the email and spamming our inbox.

7. When sending an email to members @rps-savana.co.in, always copy admin @rps-savana.co.in in CC, just to ensure that I know that the email has been delivered and does not get lost.

Regards,

Jayanta
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby ddamitav » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Gr8 efforts Jayanta, now this issue is resolved and lets move on the the real topic. as all of us know there are around 3000 flats in RPS savana and we have close to 200 membehink rs, which is around 7.5%. Dont you think we must increase the strength of our forum so that its voice can not be ignored by either RPS or Govt.

so please give your suggestion how to increase the database and unify all the RPS Savana Future resident??

Regards,

Amitav
ddamitav
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Next

Return to SAVANA News