Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Discuss, get the latest news and developments in the Greater Faridabad region

GFWA Protest Day Expense and Membership Fees

Postby s1joshi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:01 am

Hi

Incase anyone of you have incurred some expenses for protest march, which has not been settled/notified yet, Kindly send an email to Vineet Mishra (vineetmis@gmail.com) with details attached in below excel. Would request you to do it by End of Day today.

Regards
Seema
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Protest Expense

Postby Nikhil2802 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:36 am

Hello All,

Going forward how do we plan to source the funds required for various activities as Association. We may go for some sort of subscription so as to meet the expenses that arise on account of meetings and other things.

Nikhil
Nikhil2802
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Seadog » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:12 am

I agree with Nikhil.
Let us start with a subscription. Count me in for whatever the amount is decided by all.
I am sorry I could not attend the 1st March protest due to my being overseas but promise to be more active on my return.
Best wishes
K.S.Majithia
Seadog
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Manish10574 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:57 am

Asking for subscription is a very bad idea. People in India are very suspicious about organizations those who are asking for money. I am sure there are lots of people who will contribute voluntarily. If you want to ask for subscription then we need to establish this organization by doing something concrete, by achieving some goal. Our focus should be to bring more and more people together in this forum and unite them. Once we have around 50% people from Neharpar owners on this forum then we can start subscription after taking them into confidence.

regards,

Manish Lalwani
Manish10574
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Nikhil2802 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:06 pm

With due respect I would like to ask Mr.Manish, how do the funds be arranged for all the incidental expenses that occur for the benefit of all in due course.

I dont think it would be fair enough to put financial burden on specific individuals while on the contrary suggest to shoulder this burden by all.

Lets be more practical and have a broader approach to achieve our goals.

Nikhil
Nikhil2802
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Manish10574 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:26 pm

We can do some advertisement also on this website to generate some revenue. We need to advertise this forum in newspapers by doing some articles every now and then. We have been doing all this lately and i think this has increased members in the forum. We can check number of hits on the forum during before and after the protest. We can look to get some advertisement from local companies, schools and hospitals. We can tell them the cause we are fighting for as it is going to benefit them too and this contribution on their advertisement is going to build the entire city around them and help their business grow. We also need to educate people around neharpar area that this development is going to benefit them and they should also become part of this movement. More people will mean more money will pour into the forum and less need for subscription. Besides this lots of people are ready to contribute.

If you start charging subscription then people are going to vote out from the forum and fewer members will mean less contribution to activity, less pressure on government organizations and builders, less no of visitors of this forum will join as members, less visitors and ultimately we may fail. If we take subscription then it becomes a service and people will shout on administrator and ask them status report and will ask forum to work on their personal issues.

We can not think that everybody should contribute. If we do so then this forum is not going to grow.

We still need to see lot of transparency in money transactions from administrators of this forum and then I think lot more contribution will come.

Regards,

Manish
Manish10574
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ddamitav » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:38 pm

If people will not able to contribute couple of hundered rupees as memership fees then they do not deserve to be a member of the Forum..

THEY SLD UNDERSTAND THAT THIS FORUM IS CREATED FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF GREATER FARIODABAD.

EITHER THEY LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Regards,

Amitav
ddamitav
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby s1joshi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 pm

I would like to add a few points :

1. With respect to the expenses, I would like to thank you all for raising this up, We had kept this discussion and decision on hold, as the core team has been occupied with various activities associated with protest.

As I foresee, We would probably be required to use a mixed approach, The membership for Greater Fariabad Welfare Association will be requiring some subscription fee, We would shortly be calling a General Body meeting to decide on the rate of subscription, add more members in GFWA, and elect more members in the Governing Body during the meeting. We would like to keep the subscription amount very nominal, so that it is not a deterrent for people to join in. This amount may not be sufficient to organize events and activities (like the protest march), where we might have to request for voluntary contributions.

In term of transparency, We do try to maintain all records, and would be open to share information as and when required. We are still in process of compiling the expenses.

2. With respect to media publicity of our forum, The situation was different prior to our protest, (We had explored the cost of newspaper and radio advertisements prior to our protest, and could nt go a head with the same because of high cost involved), however over past few weeks, Large number of newspaper have been covering our story at regular intervals, hence I presume we are quite covered on that front and we can do away with that for time being.

Please keep sharing your suggestions and inputs.
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby DABRALIKD » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:30 pm

I think everybody is ready to pay subscription amount, so please call a General Meeting as early as possible, because after reading the previous week's news paper I came to know about this Association and I am sure there are a lot candidates like me. So we should unite as early as possible and share our problems with Chief Minister or any higher Authorities.

regards,

Indra
DABRALIKD

Postby Manish10574 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I think everyone wants subscription to be applied and i am alone fighting for it. May be i am wrong thinking this way but my only concern is that more and more people should join this forum. I do not want this forum's growth to slow down due to any reason. We are still very small and it need to grow big asap. bringing in subscription might slow down the growth but if everybody wants subscription then i am totally ok with this.

regards,

Manish
Manish10574
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby paes » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:20 pm

I agree with Manish.

Our first big idea should be to include as many people as possible. There are some cases where one individual will not like to contribute money at some point of time but the same individual will contribute at the other time.
Also there are many people who will understand the forum importance only after joining it and seeing the activities here. If we apply a initial subscription fee, then we can loose a number of potential candidates. Also there can be some candidates who can help to this forum by some other means such as by giving different innovative ideas, by different media contacts, spreading the group awareness to his/her friends or by some other XYZ.

So my suggestion would be that lets keep the forum open for everybody.

Regards
Rajesh Bansal
paes
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ddamitav » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi,

As Seema said, subscription will be a nominal fees, its a kind of symbolic one. each and every association has subscription fee to enrol as a memeber.

We will not see subscription fees as a way to sole revenue earner. we need to find out other way such as revenue genertion by providing ads etc in the web site. I noticed some ads from from a builder in this site but Jayanta can tell us more.

also we need contribution from members to make Greater Faridabad livable in next 2 years down the line.

As already we have exposed average 30 lacs money and to safe guard it there is no harm in spending couple of thousands more.

Regards,

Amitav
ddamitav
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: GFWA Protest Day Expense and Membership Fees

Postby webmaster » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks to everyone for providing feedback and suggestions on the membership fees for GFWA.

There are two aspects to this discussion. First is membership fees for the official GFWA body, and the second is if every member is required or if it mandatory for every myfaridabad.in member to pay the fees.

I would like to comment on the second aspect that myfaridabad.in was created to be an open and unbiased platform for all residents/end-users/investors of the Greater Faridabad area to come together and discuss our residential matters and concerns. It will always be an open forum and membership to myfaridabad.in will never be restricted on the basis of any membership fees. Everyone is welcome to join our community and it is always our endeavor to try to bring in as many members as possible and every existing member should also try the same. This forum is not to benefit a single individual, but every person associated with this community. This is only the beginning and we still have a long way to go in making this community stronger and I hope every member will contribute actively towards this cause.

Regarding subscription or membership fees for GFWA, that is a separate matter and it is at the discretion of the GFWA officials and its members. However my opinion is that, membership fees will only be applicable if a member wishes to be officially part of the GFWA, but will never be enforced upon any member.

Our purpose is not to create any hindrance in the activities of GFWA because of any membership fees, but encourage members to voluntarily support the organization.

Regarding expenses already incurred by GFWA, every expense and contribution is recorded by our designated members. However due to the public nature of the forum, we cannot disclose the details openly, but be rest assured that we have all the details. Details can be shared with members or GFWA members on justifiable request who has been actively involved with activities.

Generating revenue from the website is an alternative provided we can get good sponsorships but which largely depends on the popularity of the website. As of now, we have not received any enquiry for advertising on the website. The single advertisement that we have on the website is barely sufficient to cover the maintenance cost of the website.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby kumarrobi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi,

I agree to suggestions of some of the members that we should have a strength first, then we can go ahead and apply some membership fees. We all are members hence we know that this group is working great and putting a lot of efforts in bringing a lot of things in order hence we can understand it. But new people who want to join this group can back of, if they listen of membership fees. My suggestion would be to approve free membership for a month or so and once member understands that this is a great group to unite and work together and then we can ask the membership fee from the person and it should be entirely his decision at that time, whether he wants to be with group and make some changes or leave the group and be a mere spectator.

Thanks
Robin
kumarrobi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Manish10574 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 pm

I agree with Jayanta on everything except not bringing transparency in the group. We need to agree on some kind of transparency to work this forward. At least people who are contributing should know the status of expenditure. It is not necessary to do in this public forum but it can be done through sending email to individual email ids. Send the expenditure report to everyone who contributed by keeping their email ids in BCC. We are living in a country which is one of the most corrupt. We need to follow procedures so that it develops trust among members.

It does not look nice that people need to request to see the details. At least i am not liking even when i am writing about transparency like this and raising questions about members integrity. We should be upfront and disclose all the details with all contributing members. If there is any member who requests that his details should not disclosed then his information should be provided with any anonymous name.

Once again i am just trying to put in my feelings about the forum and how it should work. We need to make an association which is highest in integrity and need to make sure that it stays like this even after 50 years when none of us are there and other people have taken over. I know that currently everyone has got high morale because of the situation we are dealing with but we also need to make sure it stays like this for future generations.

I hope i am not hurting anyone by writing all this. If anybody is hurt then i am really sorry for doing this.

regards,

Manish
Manish10574
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Next

Return to Greater Faridabad News & Development