Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Discuss about the new project Omaxe Heights, Sector 86, Faridabad

Re: Demand Letter received from Omaxe for increased EDC Charges

Postby ashutoshkoul » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:01 am

Dear Members,
I have also received letter from Omaxe asking to pay extra 141/sqft whereas i already paid @168/sqft. My flat is in Spa Village and they have given one month to pay. I emailed Mr. Arun Kumar of Omaxe asking for justification but no reply. I also called customer care and they told that i can see all documents pertaining this in their office anytime. So i am thinking of visiting their office this saturday. I am not going to pay till i see documents and i have time till Mid August.

Regards,
Ashutosh Koul
ashutoshkoul
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ca.pankajgarg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 am

I and 3 colleagues of my company have received the same letter from Omaxe for payment of increased EDC with in one month. When I talked at customer care and asked to send by mail the letter received from HUDA, they denied and said that it can only be viewed at office of Omaxe.

We all are very much disappointed about this demand and would like to ask from responsible person of the forum about the action taken by the forum and current status.

Regards
Pankaj Garg
ca.pankajgarg

Postby vinitanandwani » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Dear all Spa people

Omaxe is the only builder till now in the Neharpaar who demanded for increased EDC from the buyers.
Even asked about that they Omaxe have no documentation to show us . Even we asked for Govt notification they deffered to show that also ,as well as they are not able to clarify the calaculation of EDC. Other builders of Neharpaar tolds us that we have not got any notification till now from the Govt till now to collect EDC then how Omaxe got this privelege to harass its own consumers.
Earlier delayed possession was the only issue , then non adjustment of penalty , then poor construction quality, then increase in super area, then OMG common podium charges from all flat owners ,then new meter connection charges and then....change in layout as well as now they came with one more prestigius issue Demand for Increased EDC.
So dear all its better join us tomorrow to protest against Omaxe In front of Omaxe builder office at Kalkaji ,LSC, New Delhi at 2:30 Pm with more and more number.
rgds
Vinita
vinitanandwani
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby vinitanandwani » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Dear Pankaj Garg

Forum is all aware about the Demand and harrasement caused to flat owners in one or the another way.
For this latest problem of increase in EDC GFWA has filed a WRIT in the court to take a stay on it ,as how a Govt can ask for increase without spending a single rupees in last five years in the development of Neharpaar and even having interest of that accumulated EDC.
Lets Hope for the good outcome .
But please dont pay EDC to the builder till next update.
rgds
Vinita
vinitanandwani
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ca.pankajgarg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Dear Madam,

Thanks a lot for the update and efforts made by forum in this regards. Hope the Hon'ble High Court will make order in our favor.

Regards
Pankaj Garg
ca.pankajgarg

Postby vinitanandwani » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Dear all

TOMORROWS PROTEST IS POSTPONED

Today in the afternoon, the Kalkaji Police Station has informed that the permission for holding the protest against the Omaxe has been withheld due to non compliance of the guidelines of Supreme Court. The link of the new guidelines is as under

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/India/D ... -8864.html

The police has further informed that the permission can be obtained at least one week prior to the date of protest.

In view of the above, the protest to be held on 20.7.2011 has to be withdrawn. A fresh date of the protest will be intimated after seeking permission from Delhi Police. Sorry for the inconvinience BUT BE READY FOR THE NEXT DATE SOON
vinitanandwani
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ashutoshkoul » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Dear Members,
I think we should submit atleast one proper letter to Omaxe in response to their demand letter stating that since you are not able to provide Govt Notification and supporting calculation we will not be paying EDC and no interest shall be applied to delay payment. I think a joint letter will be more effective.
I am taking this stand and have emailed to Omaxe but i am thinking of notifying them in proper manner so as to safeguard ourselves.
Your opinion /comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Ashutosh Koul
ashutoshkoul
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby nitinomaxe » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am

Vineeta, Ji!

Point to be noted here, OMAXE will do their best to denied the permission for any protest there...

Thanks,

vinitanandwani wrote:Dear all

TOMORROWS PROTEST IS POSTPONED

Today in the afternoon, the Kalkaji Police Station has informed that the permission for holding the protest against the Omaxe has been withheld due to non compliance of the guidelines of Supreme Court. The link of the new guidelines is as under

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/India/D ... -8864.html

The police has further informed that the permission can be obtained at least one week prior to the date of protest.

In view of the above, the protest to be held on 20.7.2011 has to be withdrawn. A fresh date of the protest will be intimated after seeking permission from Delhi Police. Sorry for the inconvinience BUT BE READY FOR THE NEXT DATE SOON
nitinomaxe
Official Member
Official Member

Postby Vicky0909 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:44 am

ssharma92 wrote:Hi Vicky,
Myself sanjay sharma newly joined this exciting group. I have booking in Omaxe Spa (Luxiry apartment . And as like you I also got on demand letter from AK gupta from Omaxe for increased EDC charges. I have already repied to him & copied & pasted just for your refernce. For you information a written petition have arleady filed against this EDC charges in chandigarh court & we need to hold the payment untill we get clear picture or solution on this issue. It's a govt Money & builder is nothing to do with this but we together have to fight against this with govt. It' a very big amount at this stage & I am sure 80% of the people can't afford to pay such addtional money adding to the cost if flat ....
Quoted **************
Subsequent to the unanimous decision taken by the members of GFWA for filing a writ petition against increased EDC during the meeting of the members of GFWA on 19.06.2011 at Town Park, Faridabad, our Legal Team visited Chandigarh on Sunday after consultation of Delhi based layers and met couple of senior lawyers at Chandigarh for filing the writ petition in High Court. Team has finally shortlisted one lawyer and given him first set of documents to pursue writ petition.

We are currently gathering all required documents and hoping that first hearing of case for getting a stay may take place in 3rd week of July. While lawyer told us that our case is good, he has also clearly mentioned that united support from our association is required in winning a legal case against State Govt. The total expenditure will be around 1.5-2 lakh.

We further put it to the knowledge of the members of GFWA that while asking the court to grant stay on the notification of DTCP, we will make some other prayers in the petition like in case the stay is granted:

(1) the DTCP may be directed to give necessary directions to all colonizers not to raise demands for extra EDC or hold the demands already raised till final disposal of the petition
(2) If the stay is granted in that event possession of flats by Colonizer should not be hampered in any way
(3) HUDA be directed to fast track the development in Greater Faridabad.

Please assist us in documents collection process and let us all hope & pray to get stay

Unquoted *********
Regards
Sanjay

Dear Mr.Sanjay,
Thanks for your reply on my post.
Well I have also asked Mr.Arun Gupta to furnish the respective demand letter from the govt that they have received by them.
I am holding on to the EDC, till the time some concrete decision is taken on this from the h'able court.

I request you if u can provide me your contact no we can be in touch.
Vicky0909
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby nitinomaxe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi,

As last date to submit the EDC charge is very near. Could someone suggest the next step???

Thanks,
nitinomaxe
Official Member
Official Member

Postby anac » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi,

It's come to the very last minute as Omaxe did not give the customers any chance to react. It seems their to apply pressure with a hefty ROI to hustle up the customer. I have been at the receiving end and ended up paying Late payment charges earlier. It's close to impossible to reason with them and they seldom provide any relief on the payment. It is adding more pressure as the date is around the corner. Although I am confident on GFWA's approach, I am unsure on the implications it may have on the EDC issue. Last thing we would want is for Omaxe to charge us a hefty 24% on top of the EDC charges. 'Stay Order' by the court is the only silver lining in this scenario and ideally it needs to come at the earliest to get the Scavenging Builders off our backs.

Just a small input on the scenario : Isn't it a good idea to submit a letter signed by all owners via 'GFWA' to 'Omaxe' asking for some relief in payment timelines on the day planned for demonstration (I believe it shall be somewhere during next week). They usually have a habit of turning a deaf year to such pleas but no harm trying. The grounds should be that due to this demand being ' Last minute and unplanned' the owners would need more time to arrange the money. This shall buy us some more time for obtaining the 'Stay Order' without the added pressure of being penalized for the payment delay.

Thanks
Anshu
anac
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby vinitanandwani » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Dear Anshu
I understand your concern and we are constantly working on this irritating issues ,still at this moment I can say you this much to wait till last date or may be few days more. Either court case will help us or some other oucomes for which we are working on but I cant disclose .
regrds
Vinita Nandwani
vinitanandwani
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby anac » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi Vinita,

I have a good amount of faith in GFWA and its approach especially on the EDC issue. We have finally decided to knock the door of the Indian Judiciary which is the last glimmer of hope as of now. My only worry is the laggard approach of the Indian court system. I am not sure if we have enough time to save the day. Another parallel approach is surely required. If there are some other steps that GFWA has been working on it's a good sign. I really wish we could have gone for this earlier. Infact we had an equally strong case earlier with regards to the already paid EDC to HUDA which resulted in zero development of GF. Nevertheless I believe finally we are on the right track now and given the case background we might get a favorable decision.

As we have picked up steam on the legal track now how about filing another petition against Omaxe on the delay and the other malpractices they are committing regularly. I am sure all of us are facing/will face another round of blatant demands by Omaxe on Increased superarea/additional charges etc. As all these are common issues we should bring these charges to the court of law (Option of local Court/Consumer Court can be evaluated) to apply more pressure on them. We should also add in a penalty demand against Omaxe for the delay irrespective of the Builder Buyer Agreement T&C's which are completely one sided. I am sure most of us will be willing to spend some more time and money for this cause.If we don't act now we will have to finally give in to Omaxe's demands in the end as some of the others already have. Public Demonstration is surely a good way to get media attention and putting pressure on Omaxe but we should ideally evaluate the legal options immediately. The sooner we go for it the more time we shall have to get justice.

Thanks
Anshu
anac
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Vicky0909 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I also think that can be one way to earn some more time!
anac wrote:Hi,

It's come to the very last minute as Omaxe did not give the customers any chance to react. It seems their to apply pressure with a hefty ROI to hustle up the customer. I have been at the receiving end and ended up paying Late payment charges earlier. It's close to impossible to reason with them and they seldom provide any relief on the payment. It is adding more pressure as the date is around the corner. Although I am confident on GFWA's approach, I am unsure on the implications it may have on the EDC issue. Last thing we would want is for Omaxe to charge us a hefty 24% on top of the EDC charges. 'Stay Order' by the court is the only silver lining in this scenario and ideally it needs to come at the earliest to get the Scavenging Builders off our backs.

Just a small input on the scenario : Isn't it a good idea to submit a letter signed by all owners via 'GFWA' to 'Omaxe' asking for some relief in payment timelines on the day planned for demonstration (I believe it shall be somewhere during next week). They usually have a habit of turning a deaf year to such pleas but no harm trying. The grounds should be that due to this demand being ' Last minute and unplanned' the owners would need more time to arrange the money. This shall buy us some more time for obtaining the 'Stay Order' without the added pressure of being penalized for the payment delay.

Thanks
Anshu
Vicky0909
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby mayagg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi,

The last date to make payment regarding increased EDC in OMAXE is 28-july.
Can anyone pls tell if there is any extension allowed from Omaxe for the same ..
looking forward to information, as i am very very close to last date.

Thanks,
Mayank
mayagg
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

PreviousNext

Return to Omaxe Heights