Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Speak Your Mind - Speak Your Truth - Speak Up!

Make a difference - your opinion matters - fight back - write back

Postby webmaster » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm

We have a lot of platforms where we can voice our concerns, voice our opinions, express our grievances and make ourselves heard to the media.

One good platform is the CNN-IBN Citizen Journalist website where they give us a chance to fight back and write any genuine concerns that we have.

http://cj.ibnlive.in.com/

I have written to them and got a positive response. I urge all members to write to them, make your story heard, because they need to hear from several people to give them a better perspective.

All of us utilizing every resource available can make a big difference, it matters how much effort we really want to put in, or just be laidback and leave everything to destiny and curse our luck.

A small effort from everyone can change a lot if you believe in yourself. Our education has brought us all this far, let's use a little bit of it to make it more worthwhile.

Please post any such similar website where we can voice our concerns to the media.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Re: Make a difference - your opinion matters - fight back - write back

Postby vineet » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 am

Hi All,

Its disgusting that we call ourselves a group and no one in the group is ready to stand up and fight. Everyone wants the results but no one wants to put any efforts.

People do not bother even to confirm their participation in the group avtivities.

I would like to share below definition of a group:

“A group is any number of people who share common goals and norms. A true group exhibits some degree of social cohesion and is more than a simple collection or aggregate of individuals, such as people waiting at a bus stop. Characteristics shared by members of a group may include interests, values and representations”.

It’s the story about the great middle class of our country. Each one of us wants so many changes/reforms in the country but no one even goes out to vote. I remember the director of my company (an US citizen) cancelling our annual sales conference(taking huge losses incurred on preparations) saying he has to vote in his national elections. How many of us here have this level of commitment?

If we have 40 active people and have 10 different activities, a sub group of 4 people shares one responsibility. Whereas, in our group, same set of 4-5 people take all the responsibilities while others enjoy their weekends. We are also in jobs and can not afford the luxury of taking so many leaves.

I am being selfish here to say I will not be actively participating in any of the group activities after 1st March demonstration. I also have a responsible job, a wonderful wife and a lovely son of 5 years who want share of my time.

While I spend my time on preparations for fighting for this common cause against injustice, I do compromises in other areas of my life. I am sure there are other active members who spend a lot more time than I spend but we are fighting for people who are asleep and do not want to come forward to even stand with us in this fight.

I am sorry if the mail hurts.

While I continue my fight against injustice but it will be on individual level until people really come forward and share the responsibilities.

Rgds,

Vineet
vineet
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Make a difference - your opinion matters - fight back - write back

Postby sendtomanish » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Vineet, I really appreciate and accolades your real ground efforts that you have put in last few months and running all the way for preparation of 1st march Protest.
Many people think that it is affair of 5-10 peoples and everyone will sit at home, enjoy weekend with family, read updates on internet/newspaper while sitting in A/c office, and if something good happen it will be benefited automatically to all people. We 5-10 people are putting our all energy, efforts, sacrificing personal time just in hope of something good for entire Neharpar area & everyone benefit. What we are asking from everyone…..just.1 day working day time from everyone to come forward for their own hard earned money, commitment to come on protest day and vote...still seems people think that there is some vested interest of few members. I am sorry to rude and blunt.
sendtomanish

Return to Speak Up