Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Speak Your Mind - Speak Your Truth - Speak Up!

What lokpal has for Urban communities

Postby s1joshi » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Friends

Majority of us midle class people try to stay at safe distance from agitation/protest/political views. We have our comfort zones and till the time something doesn't really disturb us, we don't necessarily react.

I recently came across a book on Swaraj by Arvind Kejriwal which reminded me of my civics lessons in class 8 and class 9 and left me wondering if the citizen community does truely have any rights.

To quote an example : Even though our DC, DTP, HUDA administrators recognizes GFWA community and have been willing to meet us on regular basis, there is lo legal binding on them to hear our recommendations.

India is primarily rural, and our constitution recognized the need for gram sabha (the amount of rights existing gram sabha have is another matter, still some states have provided decent amount of rights to the gram sabha where villagers can take decision on distribution/flow of funds during the meetings. )

The situation is all the more grave for urban/educated population, The recommendations of our mohalla samitis or the community meetings are not recognized by constitution nor by law. We are at the mercy of the administration for actions. Delhi govt introduced Bhagidari scheme sometime back and recognize such mohalla samiti in few wards. But at large this concept is yet to be implemented.

If the lokpal bills comes in place, lots of things will change and the power will be at the hand of people to truly supervise the expenses. read your powers for Urban Lokpal Legal Framework at link :

http://www.lokrajandolan.org/modelnagararajbill.html
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: What lokpal has for Urban communities

Postby s1joshi » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:45 pm

s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: What lokpal has for Urban communities

Postby vkbans » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:03 am

"In 120 years, Mumbai Dabewala going on strike to support Anna.." - captured from Rahul Kanwal's twitter......
for sure Anna team is talking about some thing which makes sense..
This is golden opportunity to make some changes to our fractured Judiciary system
vkbans
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Return to Speak Up