Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Online resident community forum to connect with all members of SRS Residency Faridabad, Sector 88

Re: Demand Letter of increased EDC from SRS even after taking possession

Postby divya » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I also received a notice againts increased EDC/IDC. My unit no is C6 and flat no is 706.

Per demand, the EDC/IDC has been increased to 291/psqft from 141/psqft. They have raised demand of Rs 210264/- to be paid by 25th September.

The scanned copy of the same is attached for your reference.

Pls advise on the next action , pls , as we still have no clue on the possession.

Warm Regards
Divya Vohra
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
divya
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

EDC Meeting with SRS at Sec 12 office on 3rd Sept

Postby rajarc » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:33 am

Dear Members,

All are requested to send attached letter to SRS by REGD post and email asap demanding copy of below-

1. Memo No. DGTCP/ACCTS./2011/803
2. Increased EDC calculations. Should be a detailed audited one and should include all accounts of EDC starting from 2006.

Further, we spoke to SRS Mgmt Mr. .Suresh Arora asking for sharing memo copy to SRS owners on which demand has been raised, he flatly refused to share any document with buyers and said that document is for SRS and not for public. On debating further he said he can only show in office.

Now the question is:
(a) they are asking payment in reference to MEMO, why we can’t have rights to get copy.

Increased EDC demand is from DTCP or builder ?If it is from DTCP as SRS cited in demand letter then why they cant SHARE the letter to owners. After all EDC money is government money and so we should have right to know demand and last date of payment from DTCP.

(b)SRS calculated 291 psf, our one esteemed member Mr. Kulbhushan Gupta calculated 220 psf as per below.SRS needs to explain owners how they calculated Rs 291 psf for raising balance demand.

They need to transparent and we will welcome this if they will.

In above scenario, dear members , please come out from hibernate mode and give your opinion.

We have decided to go SRS Sec 12 Faridabad office on this Saturday 3rd Sept at 3 pm to discuss further provided members are interested to participate.
Please confirm by Friday 6 pm.

Regards - Raja Roy Chowdhury - 9899709338
Remember - change starts with the individual. Each one of us matters!
rajarc
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby divya » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Hello,

Does anyone has the update on the hearing on increased EDC/IDC. I guess it was to be done today.

Rgds
Divya
divya
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby KB1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 am

Hi Everybody,

Even I have recieved letter for increased EDC for ROYAL HILLS @ 158/-. There is no calculation whatsoever.

Can somebody please suggest the future course of action.

Eagerly awating for a reply.

KB...
KB1

Enhanced EDC breakup

Postby kbg_79 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 am

SRS supposed to provide us break up for EDC/IDC calculation of 291/- by today. Any update on it?

If not provided till now..what should be next course of action? Another meeting at SRS office this saturday?

@Manish : Sir, did u file the RTI with Huda/DTCP?
kbg_79
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby divya » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Dear kbg_79 ,

Apologies to address you by kbg_79 , as your name is not showing.

When is your last date of payment.. do you plan to pay it as the next hearing is on 1st Nov now.

pls advise as mine is due on 25th Sept.

Rgds
Divya
divya
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby rajarc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Mr Kapil has informed when i called up that he can give the breakup only on monday / tuesday
rajarc
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby kbg_79 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi Divya,

As per calculation EDC comes out to be 191/psf without taking interest into consideration. Untill reversal from HUDA/DTCP ,we are bound to pay what agency asked.

For Me, due date is also 25th Sep and I am planning to pay SRS amount by calculation (200 - EDC paid) psf along with letter asking the detailed breakup of 291/- . We should not be liable to pay any interest on pending amount till SRS provides the EDC calculation to our satisfaction.

Views from other members solicited

Kulbhushan
kbg_79
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sanjeev76feb » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:00 pm

I would like to request the readers and flat owners in SRS Residency, I also received demand letter for increased EDC from Rs. 225.00 to Rs. 308.00. I came to know through this website that builder has asked Rs.291.00 from some flat owners and Rs.308.00 from some flat owners. What the reason for this discrepancy? If anyone has any idea about it, please let me know. I will be very thankful to you. Regards, Sanjeev.
sanjeev76feb

Postby kumarrobi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:38 pm

I have also received the demand for revised EDC. At the time of booking SRS has charged me EDC/IDC @ INR 176/sq ft. In my case, the revised letter asks for INR 132/sq ft, which makes it INR 308/sq ft. I am also not aware, why there is this difference in EDC/IDC? Does anyone knows why there is this difference?
kumarrobi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby rgoel24 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 pm

DEar Kumarrobi

Immediately send them a reply by registered post & n email as per the attached letter.

Regards
Rahul Goel
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
rgoel24
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby kbg_79 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Today I along with Brother and Chabraji went to SRS to understand the breakup of EDC calculation.

Their CA shown us a Four liner document on their Desktop showing amount payable to DTCP around 33.5 crore including interest portion (Not having any proper calculation)

They are taking allowable built up area as 76000 sqft/acre ( don't remember exactly)

By this EDC comes out to be ..345000000/15.064/76000 = 290/- psft

They have not taken any consideration of our calculation. Point to be noted is,taking their calculation into account they are charging psft on floor area basis which comes out to be more than 40 crores

when asking about this diffrence in collection of EDC amount ..they start giving arguments..

all flats are still not sold...we will end up paying more than that ( in installment though)..."Sabhi builder aise hi calculate karte hain" ...."Sab log Sushil Aarora nahin hai..thand rakho" ..( In threating tone) and lastly " jo kar sakte ho kar lo"

we even asked them to report the matter to DTCP..but the same state...

if the permissible area is 76000 per acre whole society should not have more than 12 lakh SQFT but they have 13.95 Lakhs SQFT also making floors above shopping complex..

They are not going to adjust it easily..need to take up the matter to DTCP regarding charging more CHARGES.

Regrads
Kulbhushan
kbg_79
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Builder can not charge More EDC than FAR of Your Unit

Postby kbg_79 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Today we gone to DTP, Faridabad ..Mr Sanjeev Maan to have a clarification on charging of undue EDC by Builders.

On our explanation to him regarding EDC calculation done by Builder , He acknowledges that Builder is charging EDC wrongly. According to him EDC can not be charged over and above FAR area of the said unit, while Almost all the Builder are charging EDC based on Super Built up area.

For clarification, I am putting SRS residency case here:

SRS residency Project area = 15.062 Acres
Permissible Area as per FAR(1.75) = 15.062 * 4840* 9 *1.75 = 11,48,176.26 sqft

SRS has a total liability (EDC/IDC) of : 3350 Lacs
As per SRS EDC/IDC per SQFT is = 33.50 * 100000/ 1148176 = 291/sqft

Here comes the trick by Builder, Based on this calculation he is now charging individual buyer according to his/her Super Built up area.

Super Built up area of all Units = 13,95,312 sqft . Total EDC/IDC charged by Builder = 1395312*291 = 4060 lacs ..more than 7 crores extra...
Thus cheating the buyers and Govt in the name of EDC.

Please check with your Builder for his calculation on EDC amount and report the matter to DTCP, Chandigarh if found error in calculation.

Kulbhushan
kbg_79
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby abhishekgera » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks for this valuable information, wish we could have this is some written legal context.

May I please request our core/legal team members to validate this information.

If found true, it is a strong case of gross cheating....

Rgds,
abhishekgera
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby abhishekgera » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks for this valuable information, wish we could have this is some written legal context.

May I please request our core/legal team members to validate this information.

If found true, it is a strong case of gross cheating....

Rgds,
abhishekgera
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

PreviousNext

Return to SRS Residency