Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Greater Faridabad Welfare Association meetings and important events information section

Do not display personal information on the forum (contact no./email/address)

Postby webmaster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Dear members,

As this is a public forum and open to all readers, viewers anywhere in the world and anyone can read the information contained in post, please do not post any personal information like mobile number, email address, home address which can compromise your privacy.

Since we discuss sensitive topics and can have many unknown repercussions, any contact information contained in your post may pose a risk to your privacy.

HENCE DO NOT POST ANY MOBILE NUMBER ON THE FORUM. IF YOU HAVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY POST AND WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE IT, PLEASE EMAIL WITH THE LINK.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Re: Do not display personal information on the forum (contact no./email/address)

Postby jain » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Jayanta wrote:Dear members,

As this is a public forum and open to all readers, viewers anywhere in the world and anyone can read the information contained in post, please do not post any personal information like mobile number, email address, home address which can compromise your privacy.

Since we discuss sensitive topics and can have many unknown repercussions, any contact information contained in your post may pose a risk to your privacy.

HENCE DO NOT POST ANY MOBILE NUMBER ON THE FORUM. IF YOU HAVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY POST AND WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE IT, PLEASE EMAIL WITH THE LINK.

Hello

Jayanta

Got your point but Today itself i post a comment "Going Legal Against SRS" and i have mentioned my e-mail Id and name, So please let me know how to edit the same.

Regards
jain

Re: Do not display personal information on the forum (contact no./email/address)

Postby webmaster » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:56 pm

jain wrote:Hello

Jayanta

Got your point but Today itself i post a comment "Going Legal Against SRS" and i have mentioned my e-mail Id and name, So please let me know how to edit the same.

Regards

Hi,

The same has been edited.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby aquaregia » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Dear Jayanta,

This is an excellent forum that has given a platform to the flat owners to unite and voice their grievances against builders and share their concerns. As you are already aware that the need to share information does exist among users and also that any user that uses this forum has to have a secure login and password provided by the forum after verifying the user's authenticity.

Moreover, many users have formed groups and are fighting legal battles against various builders. Although I do appreciate your concern regarding not to share personal information on this forum due to privacy concerns, I fail to understand that how will the other users who are interested to join these groups be able to contact each other ?

In my view, anyone disclosing any personal information here does understand the risks involved but this is necessary in our fight against the arm twisting tactics of high and mighty builders. At the very least, providing email ids may be allowed.

Warm Regards,

Vikas Bansal.
aquaregia
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby webmaster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Vikas,

As you rightly understood, it is our duty to keep the members informed that displaying personal information, specially mobile numbers may put their privacy in risk. They may exchange information via emails and then share mobile numbers in a more private group. Posting of emails address is okay, however members must exercise caution before putting their contact numbers openly on the forum. Even though this forum has been setup for members to interact, it is also our responsibility to ensure that members are aware of the privacy issues.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby dheerajjain » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:29 am

Jayanta, I have something important to add here for our GFWA members. Communication by mobile phones is a very important aspect of modern day world and members may like to post it for faciliating actions on ground. GFWA exclusive section is closed and invisible to outside world and posts/e-mails on that section is visible only to GFWA members. Hence, I believe GFWA members can post cell numbers/e-mail addresses there without compromising privacy. This will help GFWA members plan actions on ground.
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dpjindal » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 pm

This forum is open to GFWA members only. Is it not? Should I delete my e-mail address and phone number from my profile also?

Jayanta wrote:Dear members,

dpjindal
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby kanvit » Tue May 08, 2012 11:22 am

I have started getting mails from different real estate/ builders on various offers after getting subscribed to this forum. Can we not hide the email address ? Is there any method to hide personal information?

Kindly help...
kanvit
Official Member
Official Member

Postby dheerajjain » Tue May 08, 2012 2:04 pm

@dpjindal, please do not delete e-mail address and mobile number from your profile. MyFaridabad.in maintains privacy and does not share this info with anyone.
@Kanvit, e-mail address is NOT displayed on forum. E-mail is hidden. Reason why you are getting e-mails/calls is NOT because of forum. It is due to builders greed which have sold all our information that we provided at time of booking to property dealers for few thousand rupees. Go to market and you will get database of any of society for few thousand bucks complete with all addresses, father/husband name, e-mails, all mobile numbers etc.
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Return to Events & Meets