Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Greater Faridabad Welfare Association meetings and important events information section

Re: GFWA announces mass street protests for slow development and against builder malpractices on September 30 (Sunday)

Postby ashoka2002inin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Dear WC Team,
Please accept my heartiest wishes and best of luck for this protest. Today I read a news that Haryana govt is going to create a 4 lane road from Jhajjar (Rohtak) to Delhi. It shows the example of sheer negligence of Faridabad / Gurgaon and shameless partiality and it seems that both these district peoples are working like bonded labour for them (means keep earning for them but don't expect anything). I means how many peoples travel from Jhajjar to Delhi. Already roads are well maintained and there is hardly any traffic on these roads so what is necessity of creating this 4 lane road. Its all rubbish and wastage of money whereas the bread earner of Govt (like us tax payer) are even don't have a approachable roads to our homes.

Anyway we will keep fighting for our concerns and I salute the dedication of every member of GF.

Best of lucks once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flag:
ashoka2002inin
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: GFWA announces mass street protests for slow development and against builder malpractices on September 30 (Sunday)

Postby webmaster » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:54 pm

Dear members,

Hope each one of us is geared up for the event on 30th September. Please keep your calendar free to support this cause, a little support from each one of us can make a huge difference. We might think my participation will not make a difference, but each one of us thinks the same. Till when will we think let others do the dirty work, I will wait and watch ? Do spare your time for this protest rally, together we can make a difference.

GFWA has been organizing protest every year, and every time we have seen some positive result, but is it enough ? This might be the last chance to show the government that the common people cannot be cheated, and we need support from each one of you.

Spread this message to your friends, on facebook, on every portal possible. We need to mobilize the masses.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

GFWA Protest

Postby s1joshi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 am

Those of you who would be coming for protest march from Delhi, You have an added incentive to wake up early on a sunday morning and join the protest march on 30th Sept, As most of you would be aware Airtel Delhi Half Marathon is scheduled on same date, You might encounter lot of fun, celebrities and events on your way :-)

There is a good possibility that some roads may be blocked, The route for ADHM are available in below link, Please plan appropriately so that you can reach the venue BPTP Bridge Sec 81 on time without much hassles.

ADHM Route : You might wish to avoid
http://www.procamrunning.in/adhm/conten ... ROUTE_MAPS
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby amareshkumar1986 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello Everybody,

I will also Join..

Regards;
Amaresh Kumar
amareshkumar1986
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Chintan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi All,

Me too going to join along with my family.

Regards
Chintan Murty
Chintan
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dheerajjain » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:49 am

Delhi Metro will also be convenient for reaching venue. Take metro to Badarpur Metro station (Violet Line) and from there, can take a bus towards BPTP Bridge, Faridabad.
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby rvm » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Dheeraj: Are there any bus arrangements frm Border to BPTP bridge?. If no, is there a direct bus?

Would be helpful for the forum members coming via metro
rvm
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sendtomanish » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:46 am

Bus Number is 1A which runs on bypass road and start from Badarpur Metro station
sendtomanish

Postby sendtomanish » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am

Bus Number is 1A which runs on bypass road and start from Badarpur Metro station,people can reach Badarpur Metro Station and catch Haryana Roadways Bus 1 A to reach the venue on 30th September 2012 , at 9.30 AM near BPTP Bridge at Sec 81 Faridabad.
sendtomanish

Postby sendtomanish » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 am

People can also bring placards,poster,banners,cartoon too for protest cause and show their creative skill..
sendtomanish

Postby hitender » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:07 am

BUS NO. CS-1A Badarpur Metro station to Ballabhgarh via bypass road.
hitender
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby BlessU » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi
Greetings

Thanks to all who have shown their support and to those who have confirmed their attendance.. Those who cannot do so should not feel unfortunate and should try their best to spread the word around for participation in this common cause.. On my part I have forwarded the message of HUGE PROTEST- POCKET MAAR to 1000+ friends, family, collegues and homeseekers..

700 appx possession offered, those who have moved in should have a larger incentive, to push issues of progress through this Protest. No roads, no security, no common areas, no facilities is like living in deprivation.
Ask your heart-Did you buy into this pittance with your lifetimes blood and sweat??
Each and every family should make it a point to be present with every member to voice your concern. All RWAs have a very significant role for bringing life to houses so they can be called a HOME, suitable enough to live in. You will be obliging those endlessly awaiting possession by giving them hope.

Thanks Mr Kaushik Ghosh for presenting true facts on the link initiated at the previous protest Comment to support 50000 FARIDABAD HOMESEEKERS AFFECTED- Rs 25000 Cr STUCK!!!
Unfortunately situation is not what it should have been
Koushik Ghosh
I am from KLJ housing group. I am also facing a lot of hardship in paying emi and rent because of dragging of feet by HUDA and Builders gang who is playing around with our hard earned money and trampling on our feelings

It not only brings to fore the memories of the last protest, which was a tremendous success.

[b]Let us not forget that the last protest resulted in
-tenders worth 470crores appx being approved within a short span of 4-6months of the protest.
-Roll back of Retrospective interest on Enhanced EDC

No amount of pleading, sharing nicities with administration, builders could yield enough, than what was achieved due to the convergence of all affected people during the last protest making it a big success.
[/b]

It proves only one thing

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The struggle continues....let us struggle together and make progress CERTAIN.

Cheers
BlessU

Postby lalitgrover » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Why do we need a Government at all, probably we could get our refund back from Government and do better than our Government.
We really do not need any government in Faridabad.

See this video on Youtube and you will come to know what our Beurocrats have done with Faridabad in the name of License Raj for last 25 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1HJmHv9rOw

How India grows at night while the government sleeps

Essentially the full expression is “India grows at night while the government sleeps”. I thought that would be insulting to put in the title. So I left it at India Grows at Night. And I subtitled it A liberal case for a strong state. The basic idea is that India has risen from below. We are a bottom up success, unlike China, which is a top down success. And because our success is from below, it is more heroic and also more enduring. But we should also grow during the day, meaning we should reform our institutions of the state, so that they contribute much more to the growth of the country. We cannot have a story of private success and public failure in India.

Wikipedia.com
Could you explain this through an example?

I start chapter one of the book with a contrast between Faridabad and Gurgaon. If you were living in Delhi in the seventies and eighties, the big story, the place you were going to invest in was Faridabad. It had an active municipality. The state government wanted to make it into a showcase for the future. It had a direct line to Delhi. It had host of industries coming in. It had a very rich agriculture. It was the success story. So if you were an investor you would have put your money in Faridabad.

And what about Gurgaon?

In contrast there was this village called Gurgaon not connected to Delhi. No industries. It had rocky soil, so the agriculture was poor. Even the goats did not want to go there. So it was wilderness. And yet 25 years later, look at the story. Gurgaon has become an engine of international growth. It is called the millennium city. It has 32 million square feet of commercial space. It is the residence of all the major multinationals that have come into the country. It has seven golf courses. Every brand name, from BMW to Mercedes Benz, they are all there. And look at Faridabad (laughs)…

Faridabad missed the bus?

Faridabad still hasn’t got the first wave of modernisation that came to India after 1991. It escaped Faridabad. Only now it’s kind of waking up. And Gurgaon did not have a municipality until 2009. This contrast really is in a way the story of India grows at night. And the fact is that the people of Gurgaon deserve a lot of credit because they didn’t sit and wait around. If the police didn’t show up they had private security guards. They even dug bore-wells to make up for the water. The state electricity board did not provide electricity, so they had generators and backup. They used couriers instead of the Post Office. Basically they rose on their own.

So what is the point you are trying to make?

My point is that neither Faridabad nor Gurgaon is India’s model. Faridabad is a model where you have an excessive bureaucracy. Why did Faridabad not succeed? Because the politician and bureaucrat tried to squeeze everything out in the form of licences.

And Gurgaon’s disadvantage turned out to be its advantage. It had no government. So there was nobody to bribe. But at the end of the day Gurgaon would be better off, people would have happier if they had good sanitation, if they had a working transportation system, they had good roads, parks, power etc.

All that is missing…

All the things that you take for granted that you would get in a city, you shouldn’t have to provide them for yourself. This is the point. Neither model is right. And we need to reform the institutions of our state. And we need to create what I call a strong liberal state.
And much more in Video
lalitgrover

Postby s1joshi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:23 pm

HI Lalit

An interesting Lecture by Gurcharan Das, thanks for sharing.

Jayanta : I suggest we move this to Knowledge Central, so that it doesn't get lost in between protest thread.
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby akashsaxena » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi,
I will also join and support the common goal of development.
akashsaxena
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

PreviousNext

Return to Events & Meets