Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Greater Faridabad Welfare Association meetings and important events information section

GFWA Protest Rally on 30 Sep 2012 - Event updates

Postby s1joshi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Friends, We are thankful to all our members who joined us during the protest march, Walked along with us in scorching heat, raised voices, and showcased that we are no longer ready to remain mute spectators and stay victimized.

Our Heartfelt thanks to Shri Arvind Gaur and all members of Asmita Theater Group who joined us large numbers (Over 45 +) and conducted a brilliant play on Corruption during our protest at BPTP Bridge Sec 81. The energetic and impactful performance from entire team was instrumental in highlighting struggle faced by common man due to corruption, and role played by ineffective/corrupt bureaucracy/governance for nurturing corrupt practices.

In today's protest, We also saw large amount of creativity coming from people, colorful placards, handmade posters, giving new life altogether to protest. Albeit limited, there were a few families who supported us and walked along even with little kids

Still somehow we have feeling of failure, we couldn't force administration to come out and meet us on road, and this was primarily for lack of strength. We tried reaching our members by all means possible, dates were announced several weeks in advance, atleast 3 personalized emails were sent across to all registered members, Repeat SMS sent across to all members who are not on DND, regular meetings with various RWA's, prior Newspaper coverage in few of Faridabad dailies, near 2 Lakh pamplets distributed, Yet we had a meager strength of just over 100-125 members, We are a little disappointed, and felt dejected. Though our working committee will do a brainstorming session, any of your comments and feedback would be welcome.

Some moments from the demonstration....view the complete gallery

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Video
YouTube

Video
YouTube

Video
YouTube

Video
YouTube
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: GFWA announces mass street protests for slow development and against builder malpractices on September 30 (Sunday)

Postby singhabhi.web » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Dear All,
Please find some images of the mass street protest for slow development from govt. side and builders malpractices.
Regards,
Abhishek Singh
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
singhabhi.web
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Thank You for joining the protest

Postby brandoo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm

s1joshi wrote:Yet we had a meager strength of just over 100-125 members, We are a little disappointed, and felt dejected.

Mr Joshi,
Thank you for debriefing about the protest however I do not agree that we had only 100-125 gathering.At BPTP bridge we had very healthy gathering but people might have filtered out in due course of protest.
brandoo
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: GFWA announces mass street protests for slow development and against builder malpractices on September 30 (Sunday)

Postby s1joshi » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:04 am

s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: GFWA Protest Rally on 30 Sep 2012 - Event updates

Postby webmaster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks to each member who participated in the event, although we missed participation from 90% of this community members.

Again thanks for taking the time out and spending the day for this cause, we will need your support again the the days to come.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby dilipfromomaxe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:45 am

I was surprised and ashamed to see the number of persons joining the protest. The schedule of protest was well circulated to all. People who have already shifted to Greater Faridabad, even they could not find time to spare for a common cause. Taking together Omaxe Heights, SRS and BPTP Grandeura, more than 700 families have shifted and presence of 100-125 is shameful. This strength is even after daily suffering on account of roads by the residents of Greater faridabad. Looking at the strength of protesters, DC refused to come.
We talk of apathy of Govt. authorities towards public causes but we forget our own apathy towards our own causes.
dilipfromomaxe
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sendtomanish » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Totally agreed with Dilipjee,we left no stone unturned but poor people response & presence was quite embrassing...

Forget the others,even together all 3 socities where 700+ families living and who are daily sufferer due to poor road,majority did not tunred up...Either they have no issue or they feel things would chnage automatically...If we would have reached 400-500, things would have different.
Still Media gave good support to our protest and cause..if we really want to do something for Gr Faridabad we have to leave our own luxary and not just assume that someone else will join for cause..
sendtomanish

Postby AmitSudan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Dears,

Yesterday's protest was very good despite limited gathering of 400-500 persons. But the enthusiasim of the people was very good. We just hope the state administration and government of Haryana should have understood the need of the people of Greater Faridabad and taken note of the protest otherwise it will be very difficult for them to control the anger of the people.

Regards,
Amit Sudan
AmitSudan
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ghayur » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Dear Friends,
The play was excellent but what i felt the focus was corruption in general whereas in our case the focus should have been corruption related to Builder, HUDA, State Govt etc.
The numbers of people were very less.

Despite of less number we were very enthusiastic and we need to do these protests frequently.

Also I would like to highlight we would have tied the flags and pasted the posters in our cars and we would have done the protests it would have become a very long queue and then we would have gone to DC house to lodge the protests.

Regards,
Ghayur
BPTP Park Elite Floor
ghayur
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby vineet » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:41 pm

I do agree with point raised by Dilip and Manish.

We all keep crying about the state of affairs, keep asking for a massive protest to awake government and administration but when its time for action, Jalandhar wale Mama or Canada wali bua land up at 11th hour and we miss to participate.

Friends, its not a surprise that our country is going through this phase where day by day ordinary citizens get suffocated by the state of affair but unfortunately its the way we choose to live. We do not want to contribute to make things change but wait for the change to happen on its own. Unfortunately, It will not happen ever. Our future generations too will keep suffering the way we are suffering.

India is the only country where we read news about crores of rupees' scams every morning... then just close the newspaper, have our breakfast and go to office.... By evening we forget everything, a nice sleep and... ready to read about another scam next day morning. In any other country, scores of people are on streets if there is any major scam and thus scamsters fear doing anything wrong next time. We have thick skin and tolerate everything so scamsters have a free hand here.

No surprise government and builders understand our mentality and are taking advantage of the situation.

Its the harsh truth.

Regards
vineet
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dilipfromomaxe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Amitji,
I do not agree to your assessment of number of people present at the protest. It was hardly 200 at BPTP bridge which petered out to less than 100 at Ajhronda Chowk. This is the reason, we were not taken seriously by the administration and nobody from their side bothered to come down to us.

I appreciate your presence at the protest and handful of other Omaxians(around 30-35) who completed the full stretch of the protest march.

Majority of the people feel, it is duty of GFWA or the respective RWAs to do arrange/participate in such things. Their duty was to make payment of membership fee which they did and hence are entitled to all benefits.

Friends, only strong show of strength can help us to get the things done from administration as well as from builders. Otherwise, we will keep suffering and I totally agree with Vineet that builders and government will keep taking advantage of the situation.

Thanks,
dilipfromomaxe
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dilipfromomaxe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Amitji,
I do not agree to your assessment of number of people present at the protest. It was hardly 200 at BPTP bridge which petered out to less than 100 at Ajhronda Chowk. This is the reason, we were not taken seriously by the administration and nobody from their side bothered to come down to us.

I appreciate your presence at the protest and handful of other Omaxians(around 30-35) who completed the full stretch of the protest march.

Majority of the people feel, it is duty of GFWA or the respective RWAs to do arrange/participate in such things. Their duty was to make payment of membership fee which they did and hence are entitled to all benefits.

Friends, only strong show of strength can help us to get the things done from administration as well as from builders. Otherwise, we will keep suffering and I totally agree with Vineet that builders and government will keep taking advantage of the situation.

Thanks,
dilipfromomaxe
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby nitgood07 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:07 am

I used to think that apni ungli me kata chubhne par aadmi ko dard ka ehsaas hota hai.. but yeha to situation hi different hai.. apni ungli me kata chubhne par bhi hum chilla nahi rahe hai.. bus ghar me bhaith kar tamasha dekh rahe hai ki aur log kya kar rahe hai..

Kisi ne sahi kahahai.. "you can wake up a sleeping person, but can not wake up who is already woke up but pretending to sleep. :O "

Any way I want to thank to all those who came for protest, left their family picnic or movie show or favourite tv show, T20 cricket match or market shopping for one day and shown some strength to govt bodies.

I thank you all from my heart.

Nitin Gupta
nitgood07
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Thank You for joining the protest

Postby rajveer.singh » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 am

I think the no of people at Ajronda chowk were lesser than BPTP bridge due to the fact that all of the people were standing at the protest site at BPTP but many were either on cars or bikes while at Ajronda Chowk. We could have in large nos we were not going on cars/bikes while our protest march. Its just my thought.

shivsidh wrote:
s1joshi wrote:Yet we had a meager strength of just over 100-125 members, We are a little disappointed, and felt dejected.

Mr Joshi,
Thank you for debriefing about the protest however I do not agree that we had only 100-125 gathering.At BPTP bridge we had very healthy gathering but people might have filtered out in due course of protest.
rajveer.singh
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby s1joshi » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Rajveer

We had to take car/bikes, as the number of people were far less than anticipated, Hence it was decided to have cars/bikes with flags/banners etc to gain impact within limited resources. During our last protest in November, We had better crowd, hence the dependency on vehicles were limited. In this protest, we were expecting minimum strength of 500-1000 people, and we hope someday people would understand that its their own fight, and it require collective strength.

Poem refered by Asmita Grouo, Message to All :

हो गई है पीर पर्वत-सी पिघलनी चाहिए,
इस हिमालय से कोई गंगा निकलनी चाहिए।

आज यह दीवार, परदों की तरह हिलने लगी,
शर्त लेकिन थी कि ये बुनियाद हिलनी चाहिए।

हर सड़क पर, हर गली में, हर नगर, हर गाँव में,
हाथ लहराते हुए हर लाश चलनी चाहिए।

सिर्फ हंगामा खड़ा करना मेरा मकसद नहीं,
सारी कोशिश है कि ये सूरत बदलनी चाहिए।

मेरे सीने में नहीं तो तेरे सीने में सही,
हो कहीं भी आग, लेकिन आग जलनी चाहिए।

Dushyant Kumar Tyagi