Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

BPTP Parklands - EDC/IDC

Like and Share the story
Community forum for members, residents and investors of BPTP Parklands Plots and Villas Faridabad. Spread across sectors 75, 76,77, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 88 and 89 (Faridabad)

BPTP Parklands - EDC/IDC

Postby SMalhotra » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Dear Members,

I have bought a 350 sq yard plot in BPTP Parklands Sector 85.
Today I received a letter from BPTP for the enhanced EDC charges. In this regard, I have a few queries:

1. Calculation of EDC?
The letter mentions that the EDC has been enhanced to Rs. 39.76 lacs per acre according to which they will charge Rs. 2578 per sq yard.
I dont understand this calculation. According to my calculation the EDC amounts to Rs. 821.49 per sq. yard [which is 39,76,000/4840]. If we consider an approx. additional charge of 40% for the commmon areas, roads etc, this amounts to Rs. 1150.08 per sq. yard which is less than half of the amt BPTP has asked for.
Could someone kindly explain how the EDC is calculated.
BPTP has sent me a an 8 page letter but nowhere have they shown the calculation of the EDC.

2. Electrification and Sewerage Treatment Plant Charges
Secondly, BPTP is charging an additional sum of Rs 3.5 lacs for Electrification and Sewerage Treatment Plant. This did not feature in the Sales agreement and is a new charge. I dont understand why we should pay for Electricity and Sewerage treatment if we are paying such a high EDC. Is it not HUDA's responsibility to provide these basic amenities?

Please share any information you have on this. Am listing my mobile number as well. Lets catch up and clarify matters.

Thanks and Regards,
Malhotra
SMalhotra
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: BPTP Parklands - EDC/IDC

Postby gopalvijay » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:12 pm

This is huge amount as demanded by BPTP ! The builders are becoming ruthless now.
gopalvijay
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ssg.sunilgupta » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:11 pm

I have not recd. the letter yet but this is my calcuation.

NEW EDC as per HUDA Notification - 58.21 lacs as on 1.1.2009. so it may vary from the year of your Builder Buyer agreement ( my understanding). if you even take this number and 40% for development then EDC comes out as 5821000/60% of 4840 ( 1 acre) = INR 2004 / -

I think they have compunded this amount by X% say (120%) to come at the figure of 58.21 lacs at 2011 level so by this logic - 6985200 / 60% of 4840 = EDC INR 2405/ -

For electrification / STP they have mentioned that in Builder buyer agreement that they will determine the charges later.

but by all logic this is a high amount to pay and that too with out any development & Electricity of STP in site and this is my objection to it.

Thanks
Sunil
ssg.sunilgupta
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dalmiadalmia@hotmail.com » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:27 pm

But who has paid before 2009 will get 10% yearly interest / reduction from huda. Where is that amount?
dalmiadalmia@hotmail.com
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ssg.sunilgupta » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Mr. Malhotra - if possible , please load copy of letter recd. from BPTP on site so we can understand the exact language. you can hide your personal information etc. if you want ?

Thanks
Sunil
ssg.sunilgupta
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby satyashiva » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Dear Mr Malhotra

1.Apart form EDC charges ,BPTP is charging interest also from customers only & this interst is huge as it has accumulated since last 4~5 years.
2. EDC rate in per sq yard/ft. is calculated as per saleable area of project.Now the salebale are what they are showing on paper is very less than actual saleable are & thats why thsi amout is comin gvery high.For saleable area details , they say that they cannot share it.
As we are customers now so they will squeeze us & take out all money & we cannot do anything as you are already trapped in the net.They are very poor in terms of service & cheap in terms of commitments.
Now if something can be done is then i think its only media who can do anything & for that we all need to raise our voice collectively upto that level.

SATYA SINGH
satyashiva
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dkukreja » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:55 am

Mr. Malhotra / Mr. SATYA,

This 2578/sq. yard is additional (op top of what has already been paid) or total EDC due to DUDA ? I have 250 sq. yards plot and have already paid 2.56L as EDC (@1024Rs/sq. yard) and 1.2L IDC (@445Rs/sq. yard). Please clarify.

Also, isn't sewage plant /electrification part of EDC/IDC we pay ? Why that demand is coming to us as separate charges ?

This is clear case of open fraud. We should be asking HUDA on what they have done for crores of money they have already collected from owners in last 4-5 years. Just interest of that would have been enough to do constuction. Rather than explaining where that money has gone, asking for additional amount is really horrible and un-justified.

Regards,
Dhiraj
dkukreja

Postby SKAGGARWAL.CA » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:23 am

Dear Friends

We all should collectively go to court for their unjustified demand of electrification
charges since electricity and water are sewerage are basic amenities cost of which are
already included in in initial purchase agreement signed by both the parties.
Moreover we should file RTI in Huda for getting exact information of EDC/IDC
charges that can be charged from buyers by the builders and specifically in our case who
have already paid all edc/idc well before 2009.

People interested in going to court may post their comments and phone no"s on this site

Regards

SK Aggarwal
SKAGGARWAL.CA

Postby akhil.kumar » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Dear Mr. Agarwal,

We r interested. contact 9313816314
akhil.kumar
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby gauravarora » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi,

I am more than willing to be a part of any legal action against this unjustified demand. The Electricification and STP charges are very very high and ideally it should be a part of either the money which they have already taken or the EDC and even if they have to be charged extra than it has to be some nominal amount.

My contact no. is 9868087365.

Regards,
Gaurav
gauravarora
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ssg.sunilgupta » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 pm

one case of EDC is already in court and hearing is on 31 st january. do you want to file one more case ?

thanks
Sunil
ssg.sunilgupta
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby BlessU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi
Greetings

Sorry to butt in but I think Gaurav is indicating towards legal course for Sewerage and Electricity charges and Calculation of EDC charges, I think..

The case on 31st Jan 12 is against Huda for indiscriminate increase of EDC without any development.

Hope this clarifies!!

Cheers
BlessU

Postby BlessU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi
Greetings

Before going into any speculation can we have a copy of the demand being sent by BPTP??
Does it mean
1] an additional Rs1500 PSY appx or 2500 psy towards increase in/additional EDC/IDC?? and
2] an additional Rs 1000 PSY towards Electrification and Sewerage??
finally,
What does the BBA State?? Even if it does state that the "charges to be defined at latter stage", I think, is challenge able in the court of law

A copy of letter may clarify a few bits and pieces.

If this be the case, engaging legally may be one option. DLF Belavare Residents Association pursued with the Competition Commission of India after trying everything else.

Lawyers details who fought for DLF Belavare Residents Association case can be made available. Necessary information, fees, other details available in the link: http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-08-22/news/29914988_1_dlf-project-belaire-cci/4
Applications can be sent to: The Secretary, Competition Commission of India, The Hindustan Times House, 18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 110 001 Tel: + 91 - 11 - 23704651 Fax: + 91 - 11 - 23704652/ 011- 23704651
Justice is faster through a commission and is time bound as compared to courts.

To qualify for pursuing against BPTP with the Competition Commission of India, is the fact that BPTP is the largest Builder/landowner in the Greater Faridabad/Faridabad. This is represented on their website/public issue documents/press notifications/records with dtcp and Huda in the territory of Greater Faridabad/Faridabad.

DLF yielded to the courts directive only. http://www.cci.gov.in/May2011/OrderOfCommission/DLFSuppOrder160811.pdf (order details). No amount of persuasion through Politicians, administration could be of any awail.. GFW Association provides a sound spring board for initiating any legal activity against the builders.

Without legal recourse all other efforts (administration, political, protest) generate awareness but yield little "material" results.. Else we should accept and be ready to pay additional money as being demanded or pay 18% interest rate. For a 250 sq yd additional 1500appx on EDC charges and 1000 appx for Electricity and sewerge which is Rs 6.25 or 8.75 Lacs additional for a 350 sq yd plot.. The increased EDC charge is by Huda, and a case is being pursued by GFWA. I think, the builders as well are fighting for increased EDC etc (case details not available)..

Exorbitant increase in Super Area of Flats/appartments may also be considered in the same case to increase the scope and participation and justify cost.

Cheers
BlessU

Postby gauravarora » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 pm

The case which is going on in High court is against HUDA and DTCP for no development and increased EDC. Builder specific issues will have to be handled separately and hence this unjustified demand by BPTP will have to be either handled through court case or through the CCI route on lines of DLF case.

But, I don't think that as of now this payment can be delayed bcz even if a case or complaint with CCI if filed then the decision will take time and 18% interest will be unbearable. So, we will have to make the payment demanded and get the property registered in our name so that the legal status of property is safe and also keep on fighting this battle either legally or through CCI.

All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Gaurav
gauravarora
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ssg.sunilgupta » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:15 pm

I am going to file a RTI on monday to HUDA with following questions ..if any one has filled a RTI with HUDA in past , please let me know the correct person and address to send it I am sending it to

The State Public Information Officer
Administrator (HQ) - Administrator (HQ)-cum-First
Appellate Authority for various
Wings of HUDA, HQ.
HUDA Complex,
Sector 6, Panchkula (Haryana)

my questions are

1. Is Electrification charges (setting up of transformers) & Sewage Treatment plant (STP) or Effluent treatment plant setting up charges in <park lands> are part of External development charges (EDC) or Infrastructural development charges (IDC)?

2. If not then, is the colonizer M/S Country wide promoters pvt. Limited is authorized to collect them?

3. If answer to Q2 is yes then, what is the calculation of per acre cost of the electrification charges and sewage treatment plant setting up charges separately?

4. What all activities or work (for example, laying of roads, parks etc.) are covered under external development charges (EDC) and Infrastructural development charges (IDC)?

Thanks
Sunil
ssg.sunilgupta
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Next

Return to BPTP Parklands Plots Faridabad