Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Discussions related to Real Estate matters, Real Estate laws, loans, financial queries

External Development Charges (EDC) for Haryana housing societies

Postby dheerajjain » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 am

Private message coming to me from Ansal society member in Kurukshetra. I once again request people to post queries on forum directly.

Dear Dheeraj,

I am writing this mail to you after reading about your hard work in the fight against the builders and tcp Haryana for the Faridabad area. We the buyers of plots in the Ansal, Sushant city kurukshetra are in the parallel state, where we are fighting legal cases with the ansal builder in consumer courts for this subject of EDC which I learnt last year.

Even though this battle against this powerful lobby (of builders) is tough still we all must continue it. The judgment of CCI in DLF case provides us a ray of hope that justice still exists.

I request you to share some info (if you have) regarding following points (for which I don’t have any info)

1. EDC for internal roads and parks is collected by TCP or not

A) If yes, then how the same is proportioned to buyers, residential, commercial etc

2. EDC for EWS is not collected by TCP, can builder collect it ?

3. What is the rule for EDC of community sites, Institutional sites ( like school etc)

With thanks and regards

Manoj Tomar

Many people are having queries like this. To clarify, EDC (External Development Charges) is collected on TOTAL area of Group Housing (GH)/Plotted Colony (PC) society as mentioned in licence and it is collected per acre. So, if total area of Plotted Colony is say 100 acres and EDC rate is 128 lakhs per acre, then total EDC payable to Govt. is Rs 128 crores. As the name suggests, EDC stands for External Development and does not include internal development like road, parks etc. which have to be done by builder at his own cost. No EDC is chargebale on EWS plots/flats. Generally, builders distribute this toal amount of EDC to total saleable area of the project per sq ft (GH)/sq yard (PC). But, we have seen in Faridabad that builders are overcharging this EDC from buyers and earning profit from it whereas Govt. laws clearly say that NO profit can't be earned from EDC
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: External Development Charges (EDC) for Haryana housing societies

Postby ajaynarula » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:52 pm

dheerajjain wrote:Private message coming to me from Ansal society member in Kurukshetra. I once again request people to post queries on forum directly.

Dear Dheeraj,

I am writing this mail to you after reading about your hard work in the fight against the builders and tcp Haryana for the Faridabad area. We the buyers of plots in the Ansal, Sushant city kurukshetra are in the parallel state, where we are fighting legal cases with the ansal builder in consumer courts for this subject of EDC which I learnt last year.

Even though this battle against this powerful lobby (of builders) is tough still we all must continue it. The judgment of CCI in DLF case provides us a ray of hope that justice still exists.

I request you to share some info (if you have) regarding following points (for which I don’t have any info)

1. EDC for internal roads and parks is collected by TCP or not

A) If yes, then how the same is proportioned to buyers, residential, commercial etc

2. EDC for EWS is not collected by TCP, can builder collect it ?

3. What is the rule for EDC of community sites, Institutional sites ( like school etc)

With thanks and regards

Manoj Tomar

Many people are having queries like this. To clarify, EDC (External Development Charges) is collected on TOTAL area of Group Housing (GH)/Plotted Colony (PC) society as mentioned in licence and it is collected per acre. So, if total area of Plotted Colony is say 100 acres and EDC rate is 128 lakhs per acre, then total EDC payable to Govt. is Rs 128 crores. As the name suggests, EDC stands for External Development and does not include internal development like road, parks etc. which have to be done by builder at his own cost. No EDC is chargebale on EWS plots/flats. Generally, builders distribute this toal amount of EDC to total saleable area of the project per sq ft (GH)/sq yard (PC). But, we have seen in Faridabad that builders are overcharging this EDC from buyers and earning profit from it whereas Govt. laws clearly say that NO profit can't be earned from EDC

Dheeraj Ji,

Please quote reference for above in bold and underlined. Will b very useful to all.

Regards

Ajay Narula
ajaynarula
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: External Development Charges (EDC) for Haryana housing societies

Postby tinesha » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:45 am

Hi

I am also following Ansal API for refund/ adjust reduction in EDC ( see attached notice ) by DTCP in future demands but till now no success . Have made online complaint with Haryana Govt & also written to DTCP ( to various emails ) but no reply so far .

Need expert advise what are the other options open to me now ? Money in question is Rs 120000 approx .

Thanks
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
tinesha

Return to Real Estate Matters