Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Connect with residents of ERA Divine Court, Sector 76 Faridabad

Enhanced EDC demand for High rise Era divine court

Postby naveenarichwal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Even High rise investors have also received increased demand.I have recieved increased EDC demand of Rs 155775/- for my 1005sq.ft 2BHK in High rise. and time is upto 25 Aug 2012.
Tomorow the low rise Flat owners are conducting a meeting at Era divine courts site office at 11AM and the agenda is the same as ours i.e. Increased EDC.
I think we should also be present in the meeting. The coordinator of this meeting is Mr Binod Kumar Mob. 9968090148.

Please contact him for further details and make sure to be present at the venue.
naveenarichwal
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Enhanced EDC demand for High rise Era divine court

Postby mihirnayak » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Naveen,

I am also received the letter to pay additional EDC of Rs. 155774/- Today. Unfortunately i couldn't be a part of the meeting. Please update what is the outcome after the meeting with Era.

My Mob 9811129514.

Regards
Mihir
mihirnayak

Postby naveenarichwal » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:33 pm

please send this format of Email to Era and HUDA

The Chief Administrator,
Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA),
Sector-6, Panchkula.

Subject : Demand of unreasonable EDC by Era Landmarks Ltd.

Respected Sir,

I have booked a flat with one builder named Era Landmarks Ltd. (Head Office : B-24, Sector -3, Noida-201301, Registered & Corporate Office : 153, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase-III, New Delhi-110020) who has been constructing a Group Housing Society in Sector-76, Faridabad, Haryana and name of the project is –‘Era Divine Court’. The builder has provided following details :

“License No. 1042 to 1061 of 2006 dated 25.07.2006. Type of colony and its areas : Group Housing Colony on areas measuring 26.619 acres in Phase-I out of Total land area measuring 55.724 acres. Name of the contractor to whom License has been given : Group Housing is being developed by M/S Era Landmarks Ltd. Vide Development Right Agreement entered with M/S Countrywide Promoters Ltd. & others, Number and date of approval Building plan Memo No. 192/JD(DK)/2010/15759”.

2. This Era Landmarsk Ltd. had collected from EDC @ Rs. 180 psft from us initially and now they are asking Rs. 155 spft (Total – Rs. 335 psft) giving reason that DTCP Haryana has increased the same. On query, how the company has fixed this enhanced EDC @ Rs. 155 psft, they refused to divulge the details. When we calculated ourselves, it was found that this enhanced EDC should not be more than Rs. 100 psft. They are asking from us Rs. 55 psft (means around Rs. 60000 extra) more as EDC, than required by govt. In the garb of govt. demand, they are trying to pocket more than Rs. 15 crore from innocent investors. The calculation are as under :

(A) Total Land : 26.619 Acre (Era Divine Court)
(B) Rate for Group Housing @ Rs. 232.84 lac per acre (as per DTCP Notification)
AxB= Rs. 61.97 crore; EDC to be paid to Govt. by Era Landmarks Ltd.

(i) Total No. of Low Rise Flats (250 Yard) : 272 x area 1225 sqft per flat=333200 sqft
Total No. of Low Rise Flats (180 yard) : 584 x area 890 sqft per flat= 519760 sqft
Total Area of Low Rise Flats =852960 sq ft (250 yard+180 yard flats)
Rate at which EDC taken earlier is Rs. 180

Total EDC : 852260x180= Rs. 15,35,32800 (15.35 crore) (already taken from us)
(ii) Total No of High Rise Flats in tower A1&A2 : 352 x area 1005 sqft per flat= 353760 sqft
Total No of High Rise Flats in tower B1&B2 : 352 x area 1305 sqft per flat= 459360 sqft
Total No of High Rise Flats in tower C : 110 x area 1625 sqft per flat= 178750 sqft
Total No of High Rise Flats in tower D1&D2 : 220 x area1850 sqft per flat= 407000 sqft
Total Area of High Rise Flats= 1398870 sqft (adding area of all towers),
Rate at which EDC taken earlier is Rs. 180

Total EDC : 1398870x180 = Rs. 25,17,96,600 (25.17 crore), already collected

Total EDC collected for Low Rise and High Floors= Rs. 40,52,03,400 (40.52 crore)

Remaining EDC to be given to Govt. : Rs. 61.97 crore- Rs. 40.52 crore = Rs. 21.45 (rounded) crore

Era Landmarks is asking now EDC @ 155 psft, Total area of flats (Low and High Rise) is =2251130 sqft. Multiply total area with Rs. 155

Total Demand by Era for enhanced EDC now is Rs. 34,89,25,150/- (34.89 crore)

Remaining EDC to be given to govt. (21.45 crore) - Total Extra Demand (34.89 crore) = Rs. 14.44 Crore

Era Landmarks Need to Pay to Govt. 21. 45 crore (after enhanced EDC) and asking from us Rs. 35.89 crore, Hence Extra demand from us - Total of Rs. 14.44 (rounded) crore extra

If we pay EDC @ Rs. 100 psqft, total Rs. will come to = Rs. 225113000 (22.51 crore), means we are being asked to pay Rs. 55 psqt more than needed.

Conclusion : Total EDC (enhanced after govt. notification) should not be more than Rs. 100 sqft.
(Note : This calculation does not include EWS Flats, Schools, Nursery, Dispensary, crèche, club etc. If we take into account surface area of all these, rate will be much less)

3. Sir, they are not giving any answer to our letter/mail and also not entertaining our visit at their office. They are intimidating us that non-payment of above asked EDC would incur heavy penalty and will cancel our flats.

4. Therefore, I earnestly request you to please take some appropriate action in this regard, and issue letter to the company to come with fresh corrected EDC demand letter and stop intimidating and harassing innocent investors. It is also requested that they me asked to defer this payment till this matter is settled down.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Yours sincerely
XYZ
naveenarichwal
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby naveenarichwal » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Also this Email to the Following ReciepientsLetter regarding payment of enhanced EDC
email IDs of ERA - priyank.a@eragroup.in, sanjay.c@eragroup.in, vivek.g@eragroup.in, crm.ell@eragroup.in,cs.mca@eragroup.in, rajiv.k@eragroup.in
email IDs of HUDA - tcphry@gmail.com, dtp.faridabad.tcp@gmail.com, dtpenf.faridabad.tcp@gmail.com

Dated: 11-08-12

M/s.
The Chairman
Era Landmarks Ltd.
Noida
Uttar Pradesh

Reg.: Payment of increased External Development Charges (EDC).

Dear Sir,

Kindly refer to your letter ELL/MKTG/138/241 dated 04-08-12 on the captioned matter, vide which I have been asked to deposit the increased EDC amount by25th August 2012.

In this regard, I would like to bring it to your notice that ‘Greater Faridabad Welfare Association’ (Regd.), a welfare association actively working in Greater Faridabad area for development of the said area, in which the undersigned is also a member, has filed a Writ Petition bearing No.14886 of 2011 before the Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh for quashing the HUDA notification dated 25.05.2011 vide which the External Development Charges (EDC) have been increased from retrospective.

The matter was listed on 06.09.2011 for further proceedings and after hearing the petitioner the Court posted the matter for 01.11.2011. However, upon hearing the plea of the petitioner that since there is no stay in the matter, the possession / registration of flats of the members of the petitioner association is put on hold by the builders for non-payment of increased EDC amount, the Ld. Judge gave strict verbal instructions to the State Government in the presence of their Counsel to ensure that no such coercive action be taken against such flat owners for non-payment of increased EDC amount.

In view of above, since the matter is sub-judice before the Hon’ble High Court, we request you to kindly defer the date of payment of said enhanced EDC amount till further and waive interest thereon, if any, till then. However, we would also like to ensure you that we will pay the increased EDC amount without any demur, once the above Writ Petition is finally decided.

Please take note that if no response is received from you on the subject within a period of 7 days from receiving this email/ letter, it will be presumed that you have considered my request to defer the date of payment of increased EDC amount and waived the interest thereon, if any, till further, as requested above.

Thanking you
XYZ

Copy to: -

The Director,
Department of Town and Country Planning, Government of Haryana, Sector-18, Chandigarh.

Email: tcphry@gmail.com
- For giving necessary directions to the respective Builders operating in Neharpar/ Greater Faridabad Area to not to take any coercive action against the flat owner, including but not limited to holding possession/ registration of flat for non-payment of increased EDC amount.

The Chief Administrator,
Sector-6, Panchkula.

Email: huda@hry.nic.in
- For giving necessary directions to the respective Builders operating in Neharpar/ Greater Faridabad Area to not to take any coercive action against the flat owner, including but not limited to holding possession/ registration of flat for non-payment of increased EDC amount.
naveenarichwal
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby vikassys » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:32 am

Dear Sir,

I also received a demand letter for Rs.155775.00 regarding enhancement of EDC Charges. But I am going to deposit the same duly discussed with my booking agent. Kindly revert me if any update.

I had booked a flat in A2 Tower on 11th floor since 1.5 years back. Is there someone you also booked a flat in A2 Tower??

Thanks
Vikas
vikassys
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby asim123 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks for this wonderful initiative. shall also send an email.
regds

naveenarichwal wrote:Also this Email to the Following ReciepientsLetter regarding payment of enhanced EDC
email IDs of ERA - priyank.a@eragroup.in, sanjay.c@eragroup.in, vivek.g@eragroup.in, crm.ell@eragroup.in,cs.mca@eragroup.in, rajiv.k@eragroup.in
email IDs of HUDA - tcphry@gmail.com, dtp.faridabad.tcp@gmail.com, dtpenf.faridabad.tcp@gmail.com

Dated: 11-08-12

M/s.
The Chairman
Era Landmarks Ltd.
Noida
Uttar Pradesh

Reg.: Payment of increased External Development Charges (EDC).

Dear Sir,

Kindly refer to your letter ELL/MKTG/138/241 dated 04-08-12 on the captioned matter, vide which I have been asked to deposit the increased EDC amount by25th August 2012.

In this regard, I would like to bring it to your notice that ‘Greater Faridabad Welfare Association’ (Regd.), a welfare association actively working in Greater Faridabad area for development of the said area, in which the undersigned is also a member, has filed a Writ Petition bearing No.14886 of 2011 before the Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh for quashing the HUDA notification dated 25.05.2011 vide which the External Development Charges (EDC) have been increased from retrospective.

The matter was listed on 06.09.2011 for further proceedings and after hearing the petitioner the Court posted the matter for 01.11.2011. However, upon hearing the plea of the petitioner that since there is no stay in the matter, the possession / registration of flats of the members of the petitioner association is put on hold by the builders for non-payment of increased EDC amount, the Ld. Judge gave strict verbal instructions to the State Government in the presence of their Counsel to ensure that no such coercive action be taken against such flat owners for non-payment of increased EDC amount.

In view of above, since the matter is sub-judice before the Hon’ble High Court, we request you to kindly defer the date of payment of said enhanced EDC amount till further and waive interest thereon, if any, till then. However, we would also like to ensure you that we will pay the increased EDC amount without any demur, once the above Writ Petition is finally decided.

Please take note that if no response is received from you on the subject within a period of 7 days from receiving this email/ letter, it will be presumed that you have considered my request to defer the date of payment of increased EDC amount and waived the interest thereon, if any, till further, as requested above.

Thanking you
XYZ

Copy to: -

The Director,
Department of Town and Country Planning, Government of Haryana, Sector-18, Chandigarh.

Email: tcphry@gmail.com

The Chief Administrator,
Sector-6, Panchkula.

Email: huda@hry.nic.in
asim123
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby shubho » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi,

I have sent both the letters. I have received my demand letter today for the enhanced EDC. Could any one please update me on what was the outcome of the meeting on Sunday.

Regards,
Shubhojeet
shubho
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby naveenarichwal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 pm

On Sunday there was a meeting of investors of mostly low rise unit and the matter was regarding increased EDC, non payment of penalty against delayed posesion,Inferior quality of material used for construction and few other issues.
But most of the discussion was relating to Enhanced EDC demand.
It was decided to go for legal notice/Arbitration against the builder to provide calculation for raised EDC and to provide reasonable time to pay the correct EDC . Legal consultation regarding this issue will be taken either today or tomorow and final decision will be conveyed to all members.Al members present their decided not to pay the Enhanced EDC until the legal option to be explored
Also the option of going to consumer court for penalty and poor quality of construction will be taken soon.
But i think that some of the low rise investors have already filed a consumer case against the builder some time back.
Let us see what is the effect of this legal notice/Arbitration .
But my request to all members of High rise is to send email to era as depicted previous post
naveenarichwal
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby avnish » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Got a Navratri offer today from ERA. They have offered to waive-off the interest on the delayed payment, if the complete payment is made by 27th October, 2012. I have not paid the enhanced EDC, therefore, in my case this delayed payment is EDC. Cleverly they have not used the word EDC anywhere in their letter.

I thought the interest on delayed EDC payment will go to Government coffers. They have exposed themselves by sending this interest waiver offer. It seems all the builders are collecting huge sums of interest charges on delayed EDC payment and not remitting the same to Haryana Govt. Or it may be a ploy to lure the customers to make EDC payment. They can always say lateron this offer is not valid for interest on delayed EDC. Be sure before falling in this trap by making EDC payment. Take in writing from ERA, if you want to pay enhanced EDC.
avnish
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby prateekmalhotra » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Dear All

I had booked a flat in ERA High Rise sector 76 Faridabad. I have flat in Tower B . I have applied for Loan to ICICI bank who promptly sanctioned the loan. When ICICI bank checked the documents of ERA they realized that project has been morgagaed to Capri GLobal Mumbai. ERA is not willing to show original document to ICICI lawyer due to which for more than 1 year they are not disbursing the loan.
ERA kept raising demand which till date I was payig with my own money . Now I am not able to handle this. I need advise what can be done as I checked during my last visit that not much work in being done on high rise and as per verbal enquiry this project will be delayed by atleast 5 years due to planned delay by the company.
They are raising fresh demand ando full EDC IDC @335 /sqft. I want to know if there is any forum of ERA Divine Court High rise customer of sector 76 which I can join to benefit from the collective voice of all the customers.

As I stay out of india so I can be contacted oin malhotra.prateek@rediffmail.com or on 00971561702270 Please let me know

Regards
Prateek Malhotra
prateekmalhotra

Postby dheerajjain » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:28 am

Mr. Prateek, there is a stay on enhanced EDC by honorable High Court. DTCP also has now issued Order to all Colonizers for the same. Please ask your builder to deduct enhanced EDC portion from Rs 335/sq ft. For more information, please see this topic dtcp-orders-colonizers-to-stop-collecting-enhanced-edc-t2278.html
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sunilusa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:21 am

Hello Mr Deeraj,

What are the guidlines for buyers who have already paid th eEEDC to the builders.

Please advise.

Sunil
sunilusa
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby naveenarichwal » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Guidlines are simple- WAIT & WATCH , wait for Final judgement from courts. Regarding Era Divine court , you will not be able to get any information about EEDC/EDC if it has been deposited to TCP or not because TCP, Haryana has not issued any license to Era landmark Ltd for any GH in Sector 76.
naveenarichwal
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby vikassys » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Dear Mr. Naveen,

What are the guidelines for buyers who have already paid the enhanced EDC to the builders.

Please advise.

Vikas
vikassys
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby umesh.prabhakar1965@rediffmail.com » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:30 am

Dear Vikas & All,

I will request all of to "WAIT & WATCH" until the final verdict of the hon'ble court. The suggestion is for the home buyers who have already paid the EEDC.

Meanwhile all of you requested to take information through RTI Act about the details of A/c statement pertaining to EEDC from the office of Director General, Town & Country Planning in Chandigarh.

Regards

Umesh Prabhakar
umesh.prabhakar1965@rediffmail.com
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Next

Return to ERA Divine Court