Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

All updates regarding SAVANA

Re: Legal Notice received from RPS Group regarding website

Postby webmaster » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 pm

RPS seems to be having a problem with any website/forum coming up to discuss their projects. As I said before, they are trying every tactics to stop/block any channel of communication between the residents. They are afraid of the growing community which they know can bring trouble for them looking at the progress of the project.

There is a secondary domain registered named http://www.savanaonline.com. RPS is aware of the domain name and they have mentioned that it is also a copyright violation since it contains SAVANA. Their attitude is getting ridiculous by the day.

Extract from the complaint notice.

The bad faith of the respondent while registering the instant infringing domain and during its use is further evident from his overall conduct. It specifically includes the registration of another domain (http://www.savanaonline.com) by the infringer in his name on 26th February 2010. This second domain also infringes the trademark and other IP rights of the Complainant in respect of the mark SAVANA. It is also notable that this second domain was for long redirected on the infringing domain and it was only after the receipt of legal notice by the Complainant, the Respondent removed this redirection after the first week of June 2010. It clearly confirms that the Respondent has and had the dishonest intention to take undue advantage of complainant's credibility and market goodwill. The Complainant is in the process of seeking appropriate legal remedy against Respondent in respect of the said other domain.
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby Sudhanshu » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 am

Hi all,
I am surprised that RPS has problem with savanaonline.com. we can fight a legal battle over issue. Having said that i would reiterate that this is not our core issue. If we can really fight with RPS than we will find that this issue comes in bottom in the priority list.
Regards
Sudhanshu
Sudhanshu
Official Member
Official Member

Postby mbhattacharya » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Hello,
Just wanted to comment upon Sudhanshu's observation that may be this is'nt a core issue for us to deal with right now but lets remember that if RPS can go to this length to stop us hosting a community website then god knows what they will do next if we decide to register a society????
Now they have problems with a website and next will be something else..so we should'nt be taking this one lightly and find out a way to reply to their legal notice.

So i believe we should now urgently work towards registering an association so that we can present them a common front as they must be thinking its easier to scare a single individual(jayanta) than a group of people.

Guys lets act fast NOW !!

Regards,

Madhusudhan Bhattacharya
Sapphireberry 11
mbhattacharya
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby chintubajaj » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I totally agree with Madhusudhan..

I think we need to think logically and prepare ourselves so that Jayanta can respond to the notice.

Anyone know any lawyer who is expert in Cyber Laws? I think the only point of concerns is the domain name.. remaining stuff like writing facts about RPS.. no one can stop us from doing it.

Following is my proposal:

1. Stop the website with the domain name "RPS" in it (so that we have time to react to the notice) - This is just so that Jayanta does not get into any issues.

2. Create a yahoogroup and ensure that only the RPS flat owners sign-up (I am part of another similar group for JMD Gardens in Gurgaon.. and I can tell you that its been very very successfuly. We have meetings with JMD's MD quite frequently and have been able to influence lots of decisions).

Thanks,
Chintu
chintubajaj
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby webmaster » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 pm

This is the result of the domain dispute related to the domain http://www.rps-savana.co.in.

Below is the arbitration awarded after both party had submitted all documents related to the domain. Please refer to the attached pdf file for the complete document.
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Postby dheerajjain » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 am

Dear Jayanta,

I appreciate your dedication, hard work and sincerity in running forum against all odds
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby anuj_bansal » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:20 am

Hi Jayanta,

I hope this is the end of the legal case and RPS does not have any concerns with the current website/forum. I think myfaridabad.in has even expanded the horizon to issues which affect not only the RPS community, but the entire Neharpar area.

Really appreciate your efforts.

Regards
Anuj
anuj_bansal
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sanjeev2111 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Jayanta,

Thanks for your initatives taken to group us all in Savana including Piyush and other projects. I did not go through the entire PDF file but does it mean that once you surrender the domain names he will d\withdrawn all legal cases against you.

Is is what is there or I understood it differently.

Sanjeev
sanjeev2111
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby webmaster » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Just to update everyone, our initial domain rps-savana.co.in which we had to let go due to legal issues has been taken by RPS Group now.

The domain rps-savana.co.in was taken by RPS Group after we let the domain expire on 25th Feb 2011.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Previous

Return to SAVANA News