Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Joy of Running

Like and Share the story
Speak Your Mind - Speak Your Truth - Speak Up!

Joy of Running

Postby s1joshi » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Friends

This is one post I have been intending to put for a long time, As more and more people are gradually getting possession and shifting to respective apartments, Possibly we need to start exploring interest surrounding other life aspects, in addition to our routine frustrations with builder and administration. There can be many such activities, One example could be - Fitness, Having paid for club charges, most of us can expect to have good gym facilities in premises, still the joy of free run or cycling in a group is certainly a different feel.

I have recently relocated out of Delhi, and had opportunity to get associated with few active running and cycling groups, I would certainly wish to have such groups/activities replicated for Neharpar residents. For people who have always been wishing to go back in time, and run, cycle freely as a child, There are quite a few such active communities in NCR, and several of them conduct activities around Gurgaon Faridabad road. I never thought that anyone would cycle 100+ km in this age, But a large number of people have actually been doing that, infact as a routine.

I am listing a few recommendations in/around NCR for people who might be interested to join in as a recreational activity

Google Group
pedalyatri : A group of cycling enthusiasts

Facebook :
Runbugs : This is one of the most active group of runners in Gurgaon, Mostly run around Leisure Valley
RunnerGirlsIndia : An exclusive group of women runners.
RunningAndLiving

In case you are already part of some such group and would like to share your experience with wider audience, Please feel free to do so.

Let us make Neharpar a best place to reside !!!
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Joy of Running

Postby cujatin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:42 am

Good Going Seema ji.......

Jatin
cujatin
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby cgd3psg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi,

Do we have any such group in Faridabad also... I wud like to join in.

Amit
s1joshi wrote:Friends

This is one post I have been intending to put for a long time, As more and more people are gradually getting possession and shifting to respective apartments, Possibly we need to start exploring interest surrounding other life aspects, in addition to our routine frustrations with builder and administration. There can be many such activities, One example could be - Fitness, Having paid for club charges, most of us can expect to have good gym facilities in premises, still the joy of free run or cycling in a group is certainly a different feel.

I have recently relocated out of Delhi, and had opportunity to get associated with few active running and cycling groups, I would certainly wish to have such groups/activities replicated for Neharpar residents. For people who have always been wishing to go back in time, and run, cycle freely as a child, There are quite a few such active communities in NCR, and several of them conduct activities around Gurgaon Faridabad road. I never thought that anyone would cycle 100+ km in this age, But a large number of people have actually been doing that, infact as a routine.

I am listing a few recommendations in/around NCR for people who might be interested to join in as a recreational activity

Google Group
pedalyatri : A group of cycling enthusiasts

Facebook :
Runbugs : This is one of the most active group of runners in Gurgaon, Mostly run around Leisure Valley
RunnerGirlsIndia : An exclusive group of women runners.
RunningAndLiving

In case you are already part of some such group and would like to share your experience with wider audience, Please feel free to do so.

Let us make Neharpar a best place to reside !!!
cgd3psg
Official Member
Official Member

Postby brandoo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 pm

I will surely join any initiative related to running. I run 6 kms a day, not much but still physical activity.
brandoo
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby s1joshi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi Brandoo & Amit

Am happy to see people connecting, I did saw some groups for Faridabad in RunningAndLiving, However I am not sure how active the group is.

http://www.runningandliving.com/running_in_india.html

We have large number of Faridabad based members registered in the community, and some of you are already experienced runners, Possibly in case some members are interested, They can just connect with each other by responding on the thread, and may be later if desired we can have our own personalized meetup or any other sub-group created with like minded people from the forum.

Regards
Seema
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby s1joshi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello Friends

I have created a facebook page for people to connect up for fitness and friends. Here is a link to facebook page, Please join in community and share your thoughts -

http://www.facebook.com/MyfaridabadRunn ... yclingClub

The idea is to explore a few interested amateurs/experienced runners from the community who would be willing to take this forward, and may be later include more activities, depending upon members interest.

For amateur runners, Most people are novices, so let that not deter you, The whole idea is to have fun. For people who are already into running, in case you know some good roads/tracks, which may be of interest to other members, and would be interested in lookout for people from nearby region to join you for group runs, Please share details in facebook community page.

Anyone who would be willing to share any suggestions or take administrator role for driving community, can send me a message at s1joshi@gmail.com

Regards
Seema
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby brandoo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 am

Seema,
I would love to moderate such a group but currently based in Delhi and don't know when I will shift to FBD (darn builder(s)). In my views someone who is at ground zero would be a better person for the job of moderator. My daily run is 6 kms. I would like to take it 10kms. :)
brandoo
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Return to Speak Up