Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

EDC/IDC charges

Like and Share the story
Community forum for members of SRS Royal Hills, Sector 87, Greater Faridabad.

EDC/IDC charges

Postby bachhil71 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Dear All,
Kindly do not pay any money to the builder in the name of EDC/IDC.
The EDC/IDC charges are on a very higher side.
I am trying to get the copy of memo regarding EDC/IDC charges levied in Faridabad from Chief town planner, Chandigarh.
Moreover the method of EDC/IDC calculations is to be known from the builder.
I need your support.
Regards,
Ashish

bachhil71

Re: EDC/IDC charges- SRS Royal Hills

Postby anshul408 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Dear All Buyers of SRS Royal Hills

I went to SRS office today , they shared with the letter from Huda asking about enhanced EDC charges . Following were the details of the letter.

- The letter had no date - which is surprising , how can a govt. letter not have a date.
-The refused to give us copy of the letter but just showed it to us.
- The letter had no mention of the name SRS Royal hill , it just had reference of "license no. 69 of 2008" . SRS say this license is for Royal Hills , this needs to be verified.
- They didnt had any details of calculation on the basis of which EDC has been calculated
- They verbally confirmed that the money will be adjusted ,if the courts decision is in buyers favor.
- They confirmed that IDC charges remain same Rs 25 per sq feet.
- The letter no. DGTCP/ACCTTS/2011/787 has asked SRS to pay enhanced EDC of Rs 1811.66 lacs but no explanation was given on how it translates to Rs 158 per sq feet.

Overall everything is fishy , no proper explanation was given . More over we need to verify what is the total area under License 69 and how much of this area is under Royal hills , just to be doubly sure that we dont end up paying EDC for " Future Use" area for SRS.

Regards

Anshul
anshul408

Re: EDC/IDC charges

Postby sendtomanish » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Same Story with SRS Residency
sendtomanish

Postby tkgupta29@ymail.com » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Dear Ashish ,
We all are waitingg for the same type of configuration from DTCP office & not paying the demand .

Thanx

Tarun Kumar Gupta
tkgupta29@ymail.com
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby honey malhotra » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi all

I am also having a 2BHK flat in SRS Royal Hiils and recently got a demand letter from them regarding the increased EDC charges of Rs. 1.61 Lacs (@ Rs. 158/-) which I have to decposit by 05/10/2011.
I have come to know that ‘Greater Faridabad Welfare Association’(Regd.), a welfare association actively working for Sectors 75 to 89, Faridabad for the development of the said area, in which SRS Royal Hills flat owners including myself are also Members, has filed a Writ Petition bearing No. CWP No. 14886 of 2011 before the Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh for quashing the above notification of the DTCP/ HUDA vide in which the External Development Charges (EDC) were increased from retrospective.
I would like to further inform you that the said matter was listed for first hearing on 16.08.2011 and after hearing the Petitioner, the Hon’ble High Court was pleased to issue notice to the State Authorities and directed the State Authorities to file their reply and accordingly fixed-up the matter for 01.11.2011 for further hearing. A certified copy of the order shall be available soon as I get the same from Greater Faridabad Welfare Association’(Regd.) for our ready reference.
I also demand some answers in written from them in Addition to above for my confidence building from them which are as under:-
1. I paid EDC / IDC charges in June 2010. Can they please provide me with the receipt for the same where SRS Real Estate Ltd has deposited that to the authority.
2. Do they have a formal circular from the Town and country planning department, Haryana which has asked you to collect the increased EDC from their customers?
3. Please provide me with the formal letter which talks about that it is applicable for the people who have submitted COMPLETE EDC/IDC in 2010 and applicable to OLD projects as well.
Further I had a word with their lady executive on phone asking the copy of above mentioned notification but she bluntly denied to send me the same and best part is that SRS people are not ready to disclose the basis of calculation on which they are demanding increased charges from their buyers.
I have also come to know that govt. is demanding for charges in installments from builders then why they are forcing us to pay in one shot.
I have a friend who have booked a 3BHK flat in Piyush Heights in 2006 which is still due for posession. He is also facing the same problem like we are and he and other members of Piyush Group had a meeting with Executive Vice President of Piyush Heights yesterday regarding the same issue. I am posting the minutes of that meeting as below for reference of all concerned

"Meeting with Piyush Management All, We were around 22 people who gathered at Piyush Group Delhi office and metMr. Ajay Singh Pundir (Executive Vice President - Business Development &CRM). Summary -
1. Overall meeting went well, it was not a huge success but definitely agood beginning with few learnings..
2. all the mentioned points taken well by Mr. Pundir, he assured adefinitive reply by mid next week, he was positive while taking those pointsunderstood the pain, but reply would confirm how should we take thesediscussion going forward... and what should be the future action.. Details -
Point 1) school, MUST not come in green area, we were not told/shown aschool when we bought this flat response) we made our stand clear, school is not acceptable at all in greenarea, One of the manager mentioned that it was in the plan from thebeginning with our response "Boss we are cheated, if it was in the plan thenwhy it was not stated at the time of selling". Mr. Pundir acknowledged thepoint that location of school is an issue and he will discuss with mgmt andget back.
Point 2) delay in possession, schedule of possession for all towers response) he did not commit anything on possession but mentioned that theyare preparing three towers for possession, he will get back on schedule ofpossession for "each tower".
Point3) penalty payment due to delayed possession, why this would beadjusted at the time of possession, this MUST be paid now on monthly basis.response) he initially mentioned that this is a logistic issue, bringingfiles from document store and issuing cheques to all, which out rightlyrejected by everyone, he mentioned that he will speak to mgmt, if notmonthly then quarterly or half yearly...our stand) MONTHLY PAYMENT in Buyer's account.
Point 4) specification of flats deluxe/non-deluxe, what are we going to get"clear specification", It MUST match with what was told to us at the time ofpurchase? response) he got the point, we mentioned what was promised to us forDeluxe/non-deluxe, he will check and get back on this in clear words.our stand) it MUST match with what was promised
Point 5) EDC payment, why to pay this now, when the case is pending withcourt. response) he noted the point to provide details letter from govtand calculation of overall EDC/IDC for piyush heights and 140/sq ft increasecalculation. He agreed to defer the EDC payment till 15 Dec, also mentionedthat we will discuss with management and get back on this few options..decide on 15th Dec, pay in small installments, pay on phase 1 possession.our stand) as is.
Point 6) behaviour of Piyush Staff, no one answer the emails, letters, phonecalls. Piyush staff does not turn up to meet any visitor (Piyush Heights'sflat owners) in Piyush Corporate office, they are RUDE and dont' respondwith any confirmation. response) he took this seriously and assured that we will get prompt andclear response from Piyush staff going forward, if we face any issue fromstaff or in Piyush's office then we should get in touch with him directly.He is ready to come to Piyush Heights site on Sunday during our meeting tohandle any issues and see the progress and construction Quality issues. Next actions -- wait for response till mid next week- call Mr Pundir on Thu 29th if we don't get response, for a meeting at siteoffice on Sunday 2nd Oct- speak to advocate who own a flat in Piyush Heights- meeting on 2nd October (Piyush site ?)- visiting card and attendees list to be scanned and shared with all if anyone want to add to this email..please do so. thanks

i request you all to kindly unite lets fight together against this brutal act and also send me ur contact details also

Honey Malhotra
honey malhotra

Re: EDC/IDC charges-SRS Royal Hills

Postby anshul408 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Dear All Royal Hills Buyers

I order to take one step further , please update your details in the online Excel below:-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

We have a record of all buyer at one location.

Also Please join the group on facebook "SRS Royal Hills- Faridabad", so we can smmothen the communication:-

http://www.facebook.com/groups/136175323147319/

Regards
Anshul
anshul408

Postby Yakkshita » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:43 am

Dear Mr. Anshul,

I have posted my details.

Regards,

Girish Mishra
Yakkshita
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby honey malhotra » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Dear Member

Me and some other members of SRS Royal Hills visited the SRS office on 24/09/2011 and discussed enhanced EDC issue with Mr. Pawan and Mr. Praveen, minutes of the meeting are configured as under for all concerned:-

1) They showed us the memo that have been received from HUDA under which it was stated that SRS group submitted some X amount with HUDA till date and HUDA is demanding further some of Rs. 265 Lacs from them out of total outstanding. We were not able to figure out that the demand was against SRS Royal Hills Project or that was against the total projects that comes under SRS group.

2) We asked them to provided the basis of calculation accoding to which they have devided the enhanced EDC amount towards their buyers, but they were not able to provide the details at that juncture.

3) We also informed them that GFWA has file a writ petition against this Memo issued by HUDA the out come of which is expected by 1st of November 2011, in view of which can they grant us the time till the final verdict of court, but they denied.

After long dicussion we have come to the conclusion that lets meet together on coming saturday with their director as he was not available on that day and discuss this case in front of him

Further am posting a e-mails (regarding the enhanced EDC) received from my friends who have invested in Piyush Group, which is as under:-

M/s Piyush Buildwell India Ltd.
A-16/B-1,Mohan Co-Operative Industrial Estate.
Main Mathura Road, New Delhi – 110044

The document attached by Piyush group is public notice in news paper not a formal letter to Piyush Group. Kindly read it carefully and give me information on below. Without these information I will not be able to pay increased EDC charges for Flat on "Piyush Heights", Sec 89, Faridabad.

My queries are :

1) Formal circular/letter from the Town and country planning department, Haryana which has asked you ( Piyush Group) to collect the increased EDC. How much they are charging to piyush group.

2) How piyush group is calculating and charging Rs : 140/Sqft. ( like => Under which density area Piyush Height – sec 89 Faridabad Projects comes under,=> what is the amount finally piyush group have to pay once it is reduced by 10% p.a. on compoundable basis, => whether this increased EDC has been distributed to all : Residential flats, commercial shops and so called school area).

3) In purview of writ Petition bearing CWP No. 14886 of 2011 before the Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh for quashing the above notification of the DTCP/ HUDA : Divisional Bench of High Court judges directed the lawyers representing HUDA, DTCP and State Govt. that no punitive action can be taken against plot/flat owners who are NOT paying this increased EDC till the matter is closed. Next hearing date is: 1 Nov 2011.

In view of above, since the payment of enhanced EDC is sub-judice before the Punjab& Haryana High Court, Chandigarh, I request you to extend the date of deposit of the said enhanced EDC amount till further notice and proceed further to offer possession and registration of flats .

Regards

Honey Malhotra
honey malhotra

Postby Arindam » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 am

Hi Honey

Can you update with some details about the meeting held last saturday with SRS director?

Arindam
Arindam

Postby honey malhotra » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi arindam and other members of SRS Royal Hills

After herculian effort of sorting out the problems related to enhanced EDC with buildiers and HUDA authorities, no positive outcome has been worked out till now.

So i have decided to not to pay any money to the builder till final verdict of the court and if builder impose any penalty on the delayed payment than surely am honna fight against it.

Hope all the members listed as above will agree with me

regards

honey malhotra
honey malhotra

Postby naresh_dhawan75 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:15 am

Can somebody share the calculation of EDC /IDC charges and how come builders are charging different rates. Is it based on sector or the area being developed.

Pls share

Thks
naresh_dhawan75
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby rana_007delhi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:11 am

Hi Friends
Is there any update on Court's ruling on enhanced EDC ?
Should we pay or not ?
rana_007delhi

Postby KamalP » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Dear SRS Royal Hills member,

I have posted my details in the excel sheet along with one more member (Pawan Khare)

Pls come and post your details in the sheet so that we can contact each other for further discussion.

I would also like to know with all SRS Royal members to know about the payment of enhanced EDC. Whether you have paid or not.

Also we are not sure about the calculation for EDC charges. Till date we have paid total Rs 151 + 158 = Rs 309/sq ft of EDC.
Is this correct and whether all other builders demanded the same amount.

HI MR. KHARE, IT IS EASY TO BECOME GFWA ONLINE MEMBER. PLS FILL THE GFWA MEMBERSHIP FORM ALONG WITH RS 500 MEMBERSHIP FEE ONLINE.

Thanks
KamalP
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby siw919 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:34 am

Dear All,

I had booked my flat in Nov 2010 in SRS Royal hills. that time EDC was charged at Rs 160/Sq.feet. In 2011 Builder asked for extra EDC @360. same i had paid in 2011. Now can some suggest me that was genuine or i had paid extra to builder. and now how i can get back that amount.

Regards
Pradeep Siwach
siw919
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ankurgoyal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 pm

siw919 wrote:Dear All,

I had booked my flat in Nov 2010 in SRS Royal hills. that time EDC was charged at Rs 160/Sq.feet. In 2011 Builder asked for extra EDC @360. same i had paid in 2011. Now can some suggest me that was genuine or i had paid extra to builder. and now how i can get back that amount.

Regards
Pradeep Siwach

Hi,
I have the same story & I want my money back

Regards,
Ankur
ankurgoyal

Return to SRS Royal Hills