Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Greater Faridabad Welfare Association meetings and important events information section

Wake up call for Haryana Administration – Protest Rally 13th Nov 2011

Postby webmaster » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:47 am

It was an eventful day on 13th November 2011 when hundreds of Greater Faridabad home buyers gathered for the protest rally organized by Greater Faridabad Welfare Association (GFWA) to protest against the negligence and non development of Greater Faridabad by HUDA and Haryana District Administration. Greater Faridabad, which has been promoted as a real estate hotspot and ideal destination for people looking to own an affordable home in NCR, is a completely different story when a reality check is done. HUDA has completely ignored the region since the last decade and no development work has been carried out even though licenses were granted to private builders and colonizers to undertake and commence work on residential projects. Massive concrete structures and under-construction towers for residential properties can been seen dotting the Neharpar skyline, however all projects are unreasonably delayed and stalled due to non development of the area. Inspite of regular follow-ups and sending reminders to HUDA and district administration to start work on infrastructure development without any further delay, without which residents face imminent security and logistical problems, HUDA has been turning a blind eye to the concerns being raised by the home buyers.

Frustrated with the various incompetent government agencies and every request falling on deaf ears, Greater Faridabad Welfare Association organized a massive protest rally to serve as an awakening call to HUDA and Haryana government to commence development work at the earliest or face the ire of the public which can reflect in the upcoming polls. The growing dissatisfaction among the home buyers can be seen and is evident from the fact that large number of people gathered in support of the protest rally.

The rally started from the BPTP Bridge, Sector 81, Faridabad to NH-2 (Mathura Road), crossing Ajronda Chowk and then proceeded to DC residence near Gymkhana Club at Sector 15, and then finally concluding at the BPTP Bridge. Petition and memorandum was submitted to DC at his residence.

A similar peaceful protest was also organized on 1st March 2011, infront of HUDA Administration office, Sector 12 to protest against non development by HUDA and various fraudulent activities being carried out by builders. Since March 2011, no concrete action has been taken on the request put forward by the public. This protest rally marks the beginning of a new society, who will not accept any incompetent or ineffective government and will take any step to ensure that their basic civil rights are protected and met, and their hard earned money will not go to waste.

For Greater Faridabad. A Better Faridabad.

=====>>>>>> View the event gallery

Video
YouTube

Video
YouTube

Video
YouTube

Video
YouTube
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Best wishes to all those attending today's meeting with DC

Postby Nibha28 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:04 am

Dear Core team/members,

I wish to extend my full support and confidence in you all, even though I can't make it for the same. I am sure, yesterday's protest, would prove to be a step forward in getting closer to our goal.

Saraswati
Nibha28
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Wake up call for Haryana Administration – Protest Rally 13th Nov 2011

Postby vineet » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Kal kuchh joker sadkon par utre the - aur kal kuchh samajhdar bhi aayenge
Yeh Jan-sailab ek din sarkar ko jagayenge
aur tab yeh janta ke pritinidhi janta ki takat samajh sach mein kaam karvayenge
Ab sochna yeh hai ki kya hum apne aur apne bachchon ke liye kabhi milkar awaz uthaenge?

Dear Friends,

We are far away from where we could have been.

From a community of 2300 members, assuming 50% stay abroad or outside NCR, we could not gather even 1150 families. I know we have many roles to play and share several responsibilities in life but can we not join one day(that too on a Sunday) to come forward for a common cause?

The entire game lies in numbers. A small village panchayat arranging a dharna gathers 500 people easily so where do we stand n the overall scenerio of numbers and who will listen to us if we are just 350 people?

I think its time to look within and ask ourselves if we are really concerned about the development scenerio.

Regards,

Vineet
vineet
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby deepak_sukhija » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Actually..everybody thinks that others are going so they didn't need to go.I am like that one only..... becoz I live in Delhi so didn't bother to go but when I visit the site then feel depressed by the seeing the things there and behaviour of the builder....they think that buyers are fool....and they're right to the extent till that time buyers are not united....i'll be with you next time....i promise....Log aate gaye aur karwa banta gaya....it'll happen in this way....good work by GFWA...next time i'll also be there...
deepak_sukhija

Postby shubhohere » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:29 pm

I just came back three days back and planned for early wake-up this Sunday to be part of the protest-march organized by GFWA. I came to know about this event from Groovi and later had some interaction with Ajay Yadav too and succumbed to the idea of protesting for a greater leaving place. I reached at 8.30 am (it was mentioned that assembly time 8.30 – 9.30 am), but nobody was there! People started coming from 9 am and within 9.30 there was nearly 100 nos. Few names I recollected who reached early – Ajay, Seema, Manish, Vineet…

After dress-up, taking black-flags and hoardings we had some introductory discussion with the organizing team. We shared slogans, etc and also the route-map. Someone from Omaxe project who recently shifted after getting possession, shared his experience that there is no road at all, so neither he can use his vehicle, nor can he ask his relatives/friends at his new place!

It was clearly communicated that our idea was not against the Government but we want to work with the Government for faster implementation of basic amenities so can make a better Faridabad/Greater Faridabad. Someone either the Government or its authorities such as HUDA and DTCP are neglecting Faridabad and since its’ property index today became lowest, although it’s very close to South Delhi. I couldn’t believe when someone (I think Ajay) shared his earlier interaction with DC who told that they need atleast 3 years time to build 30 km roads, that too after getting budgetary approval, tendering, etc.

There was around 200-250 people attended this protest-march which also had around 60-70 vehicles in the march. There were jokers hired from external agencies, speakers. Organizing team specially took care of water-pouches.

It was well-organized event. Lot of police was there during the march who also handled it in a cool manner. I saw several children walking with their mom/dad who also became part of the protest-march. It was fun doing activities for them but actually it strengthened the purpose of this event. Unfortunately, I was not there till end, but the time I left, everything was so smooth and as planned. Thus folded a very useful and satisfactory event. To me, the enthusiasms were exceeding the expectations. Thanks to the organizing team.

:flag:
shubhohere

Postby Nibha28 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:28 pm

The organizing committee and the core team deserve all appreciation. With limited resources, I think a good beginning was made. It was my first protest march. Lot of lessons learnt and we will need to be more active for taking this fight forward. I think, each one of must retrospect(who participated) and get back to the forum with issues like
What was difficult? what went well? What could have been done differently?
Clearnly, 3-5 bullet points for pondering.
I share sentiments of all the members, who are questioning are priorities, in terms of, expectations and contribution. I too was disappointed to see the thin nos. but let's see how we can mobilize other members to not only talk seriously but act seriously.
I am sure, we will find ideas and ways to get others actively into loop.

Saraswati
Nibha28
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby vineet » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Deepak,

It takes a lot of courage to be honest so appreciate your mail.

We are at a stage where after waiting for almost 6 years, we do not know when we will get our homes and the livable conditions.

-The RTI replies and administration clearly say that there will not be any development for at least 2-3 years. This target is also subject to land aquisition and we do not have any control when government acquires land. I do not know what we are waiting for. Why the masses are not concerned about the situation?

-All other cities like Noida, Gurgaon are developed in such a way that roads, sewers and water pipes are laid first and then the plots are sold. Why government has chosen exactly opposite pattern for Faridabad?

The government has clearly made a fool of us by promising the infrastructure by 2011 whereas there is not any step taken in that direction. The reason -- the homes are sold to middle class- a class which will never unite and complian or affect the vote bank.

Until we have a strength of above 2000 on roads, the voice will not reach the deaf ears.

We are are working people and have very limited time. For doing a protest, few people have to spend many sleepless nights to organise things. In case people do not turn up, its a waste of efforts and a lots of disappointment.

To bring community feeling in the group, I believe we should meet more often - at least during general meetings and protests. TOGETHER WE SUCCEED.

Regards,

Vineet
vineet
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby yadav_ajay » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Friends,
Rightly put by Vineet.

Members Present in Protest = 300/2300= 13% (out of registered Members on myfaridabad .in)

and from Gr. FBD area = 300/50000=0.6% ( Taking 50K units and if we take unit x members then it would be 2.0 Lacs members in Gr FBD area) so if we take out 300 out of 2.0Lacs, then it would be 0.15% only.
Do you think for this friction of %age Govt will care for us....no,never...

Friends, Before we make wake up call to Administrator, we need to first come out from comfort zone and need to spend some time to re-think on our investment and future of our children.

Personally, I was expecting more than 500 members this time..but..

Anyway...we are not losing hope and Be Ready for Next Event "Bigger" than yesterday.

This time we will target more than 2000 members and how this figure can be achieved..this is up to Forum members.

We started working on some plans...but this time we would form Organizing team from Forum members and Core members will assist/facilitate them to accomplish the task.

@shubhohere ==Sir,I mentioned that HUDA administrator said to us during our meeting with him on 30th Sept'11 that it will take min 3 years to complete 30KM master Roads and that is also not confirmed.

Our HUDA officials are so much busy and God given them special telent, and they got degree in "Delaying Project".

Personally, I would suggest Govt. to Scrap the Gr. FBD Master Plan and refund our EDC amount...We will make kitty of EDC amount and can do the development in that area by ourselves.
yadav_ajay
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sainidk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:20 am

Friends,

We manage to get picture of our protest on front page of of Nav Bharat Times. However, we were in a small number but our protest got absolute success.

On the other hand, it was very disappointed to see the fewer number of people. It is a big shame for us that out of 50 thousands residents we were only 400 in the protest.

To sit and watch others to take initiative and reap the benefits of it has become part of our DNA.

Regards,
Dinesh Saini
sainidk
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ysingh11 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:02 am

I totally agree, I also could not attend this march as I was thinking others will come ... shame

A suggestion to forum members, we need to mobilize the members internally as well, so that we all can stand up together and show our unity....

I am little from 'karo ya maro types' ... I guess have more peaceful protest but why farmers or jhuggi walah is win in protests ... they agitate ... the block the roads ... Untill we didnt freez faridabad Nh24 .... huda or media is not gonna listen to us

I guess we should also file a case against HUDA directly . its shame 30kms road 3years purposed ... Haryana people call it developed state HUMMMM

They dont want to do anything...
ysingh11
Official Member
Official Member

Postby sanjeev2111 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:10 am

Hi Dinesh / Vineet / Jayanta and core team who organised the protest,

Kuddos to the team for organising this protest rally successfully ...though it was not attended by me and like me few others.
But due to some function in my family its was not possible for me attend the protest. But I was part of earlier meetings with DC and others and will continue to fight for our rights and promise that I will be part of all future events like this.

I live in gurgaon so I might take up this with all living in gurgaon and bring a mass from gurgaon to events like this. There are many in gurgaon who needs a little push, which i can probably try to do.

Again, Thanks core team for having this successfull rally.

Regards,
Sanjeev Kumar.
sanjeev2111
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: GFWA "JOKER" Protest Day Media Coverage -13th Nov 2011

Postby rizgr8 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 am

Any updates regarding proposed meeting with DC at 5:00 PM on Monday....please share
rizgr8
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby arpitkumar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:09 am

Hi Friends,
I appreciate the efforts of Core team.We are huge n. of flat owners but came few to protest.It was my first protest and I will try to come on regular basis and hope that more people will join.I have a suggestion regarding this .

I have seen the noida & other any case.Issues came and solved with the help of electronic media.We have seen on noida's case. Builder, head of flat owner & govt. debated on electronic media and it was exposed and issue resloved. So, my suggestion is that we should highlight this issue on electronic media and it should be debated bet. govt. , head of GFWA & gov. It may resolve our bit problem .

Regards

Arpit Kumar
arpitkumar
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby kghosh72 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:14 am

Dear Arpit,

Idea is capital but making it happen will be very tough until and unless some bigwig is roped in for the same purpose. Lets try for that also but without jettisoning the ongoing efforts. All little things helps in building up the pressure.
Regards,

Koushik Ghosh
kghosh72
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby gopalvijay » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:25 am

Dear GFWA Core Team Members,

First of all Heartiest congratulations for making the protest successful. It was indeed a show of great unity of GFWA. All the persons who participated in the event are feeling great. I felt happy and great to be a part of the protest. Those who could not make it must come next time and have the feel of this unity. If we have to win our battle against these sleeping authorities then we have to be together in large numbers so that the impact of our strength is felt at the highest levels of Government. There are good leaders and speakers in GFWA. We only need to follow them if we wish to have some justice otherwise we will be giving our hard earned money to the thieves ( HUDA and Builders )
Instead of getting looted we should join the next protest because this is the only way we can think of saving ourselves. The weather is also becoming helpful and there is no worry of heat now.
gopalvijay
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Next

Return to Events & Meets