Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

SPR Imperial Estate, Sector 82

Like and Share the story
Community forum for residents and members of SPR Imperial Estate Sector 82, Faridabad

Re: SPR Imperial Estate, Sector 82

Postby nitin_bajaj925 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 am

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that for different towers they are charging different edc .
Even for same tower the edc rate differs (though negligibly)
nitin_bajaj925
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby chakradhar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi friends!

I too received the demand for payment of revised EDC through e-mail on 27/12/2011 (with scanned copy of letter dated 15/12/2011 attached) having the differential calculation of Rs 159 as interim EDC to Rs.345 as revised EDC with difference amounting to around 3.48lacs!! There is certainly a delay in posting letters from SPR which is somthing fishy.

From the forum i can see that there is a difference in demand amount from flat owners.

we should get clarification on the basis for calculation of the amount

We all should meet SPR management and discuss the issue.

I am ready to join this Saturday 31st Dec. 2011

please indicate venue and time..

Thanks

Dr.T.Chakradhar
Xclusive
chakradhar
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sudhir7409 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi friends !!
I would also like to join this saturdary 31st Dec to discuss with SPR management. Pl. let us know venue and time...

Thanks,

Sudhir Gupta
Classique
sudhir7409
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby kedia.harsh » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 am

it's saturday @ 11 am @ eldeco station mall sector 12 (between neelam bata chowk)
Harsh
kedia.harsh

Postby Sushil.k.Choudhary » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 am

Hi Everyone,

I am interested to know the points discussed in the Saturday meeting related to increased EDC. Does anyone has more details on why there is such a huge increase in EDC after years of booking flat?

Thanks,
Sushil
Sushil.k.Choudhary

Postby sumeetbhatia » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi,

I got an email from Sanjay Fotedar stating: The enhanced EDC letter was received on 27-12-2011, so considering it as a very special case, management allows you to make the payment in 30 days from date of receipt of letter. Rest other terms and conditions remains the same.

The important point here is that the email nowhere mentions about the letter we handed over to Pankaj on 31st Dec at SPR office. It only says payment to be made in 30 days of receipt of letter.

I am not sure if anyone has also received similar email. I suggest we should get together again to get the issues addressed from builder.

Regards,
Sumeet Bhatia
sumeetbhatia
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby pankajbhatla » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi,

I got a same email from Sanjay Fotedar stating: We are in receipt of your mail regarding delivery of our letter dated 15.12.2011 received on 26.12.11. Our management has considered your case and allowed you a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of letter as a very special case.

All other terMms and condition remained unchanged.

For, any further clarification please feels free to get in touch with Mr. Pramod Kumar (9999194060).

Regards

Pankaj Bhatla
XCLSIVE- 502
M- 9999727251
pankajbhatla
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ajaynarula » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi SPR Friends....

Let's meet this Saturday i.e. on 14.01.2012.

I think town park Faridabad will be suitable to all 1030 a.m.

regards

Ajay Narula
ajaynarula
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Sushil.k.Choudhary » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:28 am

Hello Friends,

I came to know about few other things which i want to share with the group.

1. We all have received a letter from builder about revised EDC. With in the letter, the rate of interest builder has mentioned is 18%. However the interest rate government charged to builder was 12%. Builder has charged us 6% more and they don't have any explanation for it. If you want, you can go to builder's office and request to see the letter government has sent to them.

2. Another thing i want to share is about the penalty charges builder is supposed to give us in case possession is not handed over on time. Builder has said that they are only going to give penalty every month if flat owner come ask for it. If flat owner don't come and ask for it, they are saying that it will be adjusted in the last payment, due at the time of possession. Please note that this is not mentioned any where in the contract. So if possession of your flat was due sometime last year, go and ask for penalty from the builder (if not already done so).

I also saw in the thread below that some of us are planning to meet today. Please share the points discussed with in the meeting.

Regards,
Sushil
Sushil.k.Choudhary

Postby ajaynarula » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Sushil

Have u got any such letter from SPR where they have said that the penalty will be given to those who approach them every month ???

regards

Ajay Narula
ajaynarula
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby shilpi21 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:29 pm

I have a small point about EDC
The builder is charging us EDC from 2006 onwards ( or from the year they got the license).
However, if I as a buyer come into agreement with the builder only in 2008 (say),
IS IT NOT LOGICAL THAT I PAY THE EDC FROM 2008 ONWARDS ?

Dr Navneet
shilpi21
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Sushil.k.Choudhary » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Ajay,

No, i have not received any letter saying this. They have not made it formal. This is what i came to know when i inquired about EDC charges from the builder. If you are supposed to get any penalty, i suggest to go & talk to the builder and ask them to pay you on monthly basis.

Regards,
Sushil
Sushil.k.Choudhary

Postby senddhilkumar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi All,

Can you please tell me if you guys are meeting in upcoming days.

R.Sendhil Kumar
Excel
senddhilkumar

Postby Ganeriwala » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Hello everyone,

The revised EDC at the rate demanded by the builder seems to be aribitrary and unreasonable. Since, this demand is pursuant to Government letter, i intend to challenge the same in the high court so that we can and get a stay order on that. Similar actions have been taken by people in the past against such errant builders and they have been successful in that respect. Even when the matter would be sub-judice before the court, neither the flat owners nor the builder would be responsible in any manner for increased EDC till the time court gives a clear direction, which is a win win situation for everyone.

The EDC stands revised from Rs. 125 to approx Rs. 345 which is nearly three times. Therefore, I had asked Sanjay from SPR to explain the basis of his calculation and a copy of the leller sent by HUDA CCF-Acctt-I-2001/17904 dt. 25.5.2011. However, Sanjay has refused to divulge any details of this letter which immediately raised my suspicions on the matter. Also i found out that BPTP flat owners were also made to pay revised EDC but at a much lesser rate.

I sincerely request you to if possible retrieve the government letter adressed to SPR in question so that same can be challenged before Punjab and Haryana High Court. This is utmost important since time is nearing possession and SPR is anyways very late and so to cover up there can be an eventuality wherein SPR can tell us to pay some hidden charges, or charges which were never there.

In case of any clarification you can reach me at 09814004850.

D.N. Ganeriwala
Advocate
Chandigarh
Ganeriwala

Postby dheerajjain » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Hello All forum Members/Mr. Ganeriwala

The said notification HUDA CCF-Acctt-I-2001/17904 dt. 25.5.2011 is available within the forum itself at:

demand-letter-received-for-increased-edc-charges-for-bptp-princess-park-t825-15.html#p6046

Town and Country Planning Department sent a letter to SPR on 6-6-2011 with regards to increased EDC (Letter number was DGTCP-Acctts-2011/810) . RTI can be used for getting this letter.

Tip: Use myfaridabad forum Search for finding the relevent content as most of documents and information are already available on forum. Search is very fast and points you to topics you want.

Also, become GFWA Member today for justice to Greater Faridabad. Please follow this link:

gfwa-bank-account-details-for-contribution-t594.html
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

PreviousNext

Return to SPR Imperial Estate