Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

All RTI related information

File RTI application to check Provident Fund (PF) Balance / Transfer / Withdrawal claim status

Postby webmaster » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:52 pm

If your Provident Fund (PF) account transfer or withdrawal is stuck and you want to know the status of the same, filing an RTI application is the most convenient way to know the actual status. Calling the EPFO office with any PF enquiry is pointless as you will never be able to connect to a real person or get the complete information. Following up with your previous office might also not be fruitful as they will inform that documents have been sent for processing or have been rejected, but you will not get the complete information.

You can also check the status online from the EPFO official website, however it's not guaranteed to work.

You can check PF Balance online from http://www.epfindia.com/MembBal.html

You can check any PF Transfer / Withdrawal claim status from http://www.epfindia.com/ClaimStatus_New.html

I was in a similar situation where I was trying to transfer my PF accumulation from a previous office where I worked from 2004-05 to a new organization which I joined in 2006. Somehow the transfer never happened and I tried multiple times to apply for transfer, but it could not be completed due to one reason or another, sometimes it got rejected but I could never find out why it was rejected.

Finally I decided to file an RTI now to know the status and balance of the PF account. Below is sample PF RTI template/application form. This template could be used for similar RTI with slight modifications. (Members can also download the template)

Regular fees for a RTI in Delhi is Rs.10, however I enclosed a Postal Order (PO) of Rs.20 as I had requested copies of documents (as per RTI law, Rs.2/xerox copy is charged) and I did not want the EPFO office to return the application for want of additional fees.

Postal Orders are easily available from any Post Office.

==============================================================================

Application Form for Seeking Information under RTI Act 2005

To ,

Central Public Information Officer
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation,
Office of the Addl. Central Provident Fund Commissioner
Regional Office, Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 28,
Wazirpur Industrial Area, Delhi - 110052

Applicant Name :
Applicant Address:
Applicant Email:
Applicant Phone:
PF Account No.:

Please provide information as per below:

1. What is the current status of my application for PF balance Transfer from Company “XXX" PF Account No. xxx to company “XXX” PF Account No. xxx initiated in 2007?

2. Have you received my application for transfer? If answer is yes, please mention date of receipt of application(s).

3. If PF transfer has been processed, please mention date when application processed and PF transferred.

4. If PF Transferred, please mention to which account no. PF has been transferred?

5. What is the amount that was transferred? Please attached and send copy of PF statement.

6. If PF Transferred, please attach and send scanned copy of Cheque along with Cheque No. and Date, and address to which cheque was sent.

7. Has the Cheque cleared? If yes, please mention date.

8. Has the Cheque been returned? If yes, please mention date.

9. If PF Transfer application form was rejected, please send detailed reasons why application was rejected and current status of PF account.

10. If PF transfer has happened to account in same Regional Office, what is the status and balance of PF in the new account? Please send PF statement of the new account.

"I do hereby declare that I am a citizen of India. I request you to ensure that the information is provided before the expiry of the 30 day period after you have received the application"

Proof of payment of application fee: Attached Indian Postal Order for Rs. 20 /- for application fee and additional cost of proving copies of requested documents, dated 14/02/2013 No. xxx in favour of Accounts Officer, EPFO, Delhi

Date: Name:

Place: Signature:

Address for communication:

XXX

==============================================================================

I received a reply from the PF office within 30 days with the requested details and current balance in the account. Interestingly, they have mentioned that the previous balance was credited to the new PF account in 04-04-2013 :S , i.e. a future date in April 2013. I fail to understand the plot behind this manipulation. However I will now apply for PF withdrawal from the concerned office with this RTI information and will update on the progress.

Below is the RTI reply received.

You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Re: File RTI application to check Provident Fund (PF) Balance / Transfer / Withdrawal claim status

Postby malikak » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi Jayanta,

Good to hear that you got your queries resolved from PF department. I'm in the same boat now need some info from you that would be helpful, Have you got the amount credited to your latest PF account ? and most importantly does e-passport portal : http://members.epfoservices.in/ (that shows most recent PF account status) show that transfer-in is complete to you ? I'm just asking this as my transfer is also struck for long time, wanted to verify if e-passport could be considered for knowing PF transfer status correctly. Thanks help appreciated !!

-Amit
malikak

Re: File RTI application to check Provident Fund (PF) Balance / Transfer / Withdrawal claim status

Postby webmaster » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:04 am

I have applied for PF Withdrawal from the previous account and currently it is in process.

The e-passport portal looks good but I haven't tried it yet, but I would prefer filing an RTI application to know the exact transfer status and have a documented proof of the transfer.
webmaster
Site ADMIN
Site ADMIN

Return to RTI Section