Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

All RTI related information

RTI reply from HUDA regarding increase in EDC charges

Postby dheerajjain » Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 pm

I received RTI reply from Sr. Accounts Officer, HUDA, Panchkula. Please find attached.

Regarding questions 5 and 6, What are current rates of EDC and Is Department considering increase in current rates of EDC?, response is:

"The case regarding fixation of current rates of EDC for Urban Estate, Faridabad is under process."

More RTI replies to follow as application moves in different Govt. departments for Q. 1 to 4
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: RTI reply from HUDA regarding increase in EDC charges

Postby gauravarora » Fri May 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Dear Dheeraj,

Thanks for posting this. It says that "The case regarding fixation of current rates of EDC for Urban Estate, Faridabad is under process".

Rate was already fixed in 2005 and money collected also. So, by this fixation does it mean the increase that they are planning?

Regards,
Gaurav
gauravarora
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dheerajjain » Sat May 21, 2011 7:56 am

Yes. Looks like from RTI reply that revision of current rates of EDC is under process. If we analyze answers to questions 5 and 6 asked, Govt. refused to provide current rates of EDC but mentioned that case is under process.
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby yadav_ajay » Sat May 21, 2011 8:11 am

Hi all,

Yes, it is going to be true..That is Increase in "EDC".
During yesterday meeting with Builders and DC, BPTP representatives (Sr. VP) informed DC that they will start registry of Plot and Park Garundra apratments with in one month time as they were waiting for EDC revision.
And as per their information, CH Sh B.S Hooda already signed the revision of EDC and it can come any time as notification.

Also, during that meeting Sh. Sanjeev Maan also called some member at his office and confirmed that. but how much is revision..?? .that was not disclosed.

So now it the matter of some days...it can come any day as surprise to us....

BUT, WE ARE NOT GOING TO ACCEPT THIS REVISION AS DELAY IN DEVELOPMENT AND COST INCREASE IS NOT OUR FAULT.

We will strongly protest this increase and will not let go easliy.

We are already paying hafty EMI and increase ROI on bank loan....Eveny alternate month banks are increasing ROI..

SO no chance to accept this....

Ajay yadav
yadav_ajay
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby gauravarora » Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Any increase is totally unjustified. What i have heard is that the increase will be 100% of the original amount, i.e. Rs.1100 per sq yrd. And BPTP has already charged this amount to customers who were insisting on getting the property registered, mainly plots. Regards, Gaurav
gauravarora
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby AmitSudan » Sat May 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Dears,

We should get the clarity on the below points

1. Who will pay the revised EDC/IDC charges? Everyone or the new allotees.
2. On what basis they will implement this? Is it a fixed rates for every one?

Regards,
Amit Sudan
AmitSudan
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sendtomanish » Sat May 21, 2011 1:27 pm

If there is any increase in EDC,it should not pass to old buyers as it is builder who have deliberately delayed the project.Suppose builder does not complete flat in next 5 year and Govt increase circle rate,why buyer will suffer?
we need to be united and ready to fight with concerned stake holders and if required take high court route.
sendtomanish

Postby Nabin » Sat May 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi All,
I've few points to make on the possibility of increase in EDC charges by the HUDA.

(1) I think for those flat buyers who already made significant payments to builders (and if such payment also includes EDC charges), it will be absolutely unfair for the authorities to charge more money under EDC from such buyers. For such buyers, it would be like paying EDC twice. I am one such buyer and I've already payed authority the complete EDC amount based on its own prevailing circle rates two years back. Therefore, a new hike in EDC should not be applicable for buyers like us, just because we have not yet received the possession.

(2) Long back while taking the decision to buy this Neharpar property, and why just this property, any property for that matter, I believe we make such decisions after analysing the all the costs/expenses involved. Now this increase in EDC, will add to the total cost of the flat and will disturb the financial planning for many of us and this will happen for no fault of ours but because authority considers hardworking, taxpaying, law abiding citizens like us as money making machine.

(3) I remember in an RTI reply to Dheeraj Jain, HUDA mentioned that 1000Cr which it had already collected from Neharpar buyers is lying unused in their accounts, yielding them significant interests. So, if they have failed to utilize the funds available at their disposal, then what is the point of asking more money from us. Please note, there is no visible development work in the ground as of today, and therefore, any increase in EDC will be an injustice.

Guys, I believe we should make it a point during our next meeting with DC and HUDA, irrespective of when HUDA makes new EDC charges public. We must soon file written complaints in mass number on this issue addressing DC and HUDA requesting/asking the authority not to ask increased charges from those flat buyers who have already payed EDCs.

While drafting such an application, ensure that such an application to DC and HUDA office must clearly indicate the following details:
-Your Name
-project and builder name
-Date when the flat was booked (date when the builder buyer agreement was signed)
-EDC Amount (Complete/partial) that has already been payed to the builder such that builder can deposit the amount in HUDA's office
-Date when the complete/partial EDC amount was paid to the builders

Regards
Nabin
Nabin
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Nabin » Sat May 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi All,
One point which I failed to mention in my previous mail, I plan to keep my EDC complaint separate from other complaints on builder-related issues.
Guys, thanks to some active members of GFWA, whose efforts have helped us approach the DC, HUDA and CM's office. After yesterday's meeting, DC and HUDA in unison suggested all Neharpar flat buyers to file application/complaints on their builder-related issues. So, now there is a genuine/sincere desire from the govt authorities to help/protect our interests.

Regards
Nabin
Nabin
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sendtomanish » Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Nabin,Thanks,I totally support your view
sendtomanish

Postby rgoel24 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:52 pm

What a blunt reply, despite of accepting this that Point No.5 & 6 pertains to the Office, they didn't mentioned anything about the current rate of EDC!!!!!

I suggest you Dheeraj ji that you immediately file another RTI as reply

Regards
Rahul
rgoel24
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dheerajjain » Sat May 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Rahul, they did not mention current rates as EDC rates are under revision. No need to file another RTI
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby gauravarora » Sat May 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Dear All,

I think the time is right to start discussing this issue with DC and other authorities. And the increase which they are planning will be applicable to everyone, old and new buyers.

What they have done till now with our money is visible and known to everyone, so where does the point of giving more money comes. Government can make any estimate and ask for more money but whose pocket is this money going in because till now they have not even spent 10% of what we paid them earlier and going by the scams which are happening these days, who would like to risk the hard earned money.

Regards,
Gaurav
gauravarora
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ajaynarula » Sun May 22, 2011 6:55 pm

dheerajjain wrote:Rahul, they did not mention current rates as EDC rates are under revision. No need to file another RTI

I am just to say a few things :-

1) As per my little knowledge EDC is the rate which Govt body(competent to sanction the project) decides when the project is sanctioned and the builder has to abide with it. Means he can't charge different rates from different buyers at different time. But to my surprise my builder SPR Buildtech charged Rs. 141/- per sq. feet from me ( i booked in March 2010) from me and now he is charging Rs. 175/- from others who are booking now. Is it correct? Same practice is being followed by other builders also.

2) Is the Govt. body not answerable to the amount it collected from builders on a/c of EDC and is enjoying the bank interest upon it ? Till date no progress is seen upon the infrastructure development by HUDA in Neharpar area.

3) Are the buyers have to bear the increased rate of EDC to whom the possession not handed over ?

4) If 3 is true, if our project(s) been delayed on time, we had not to pay the proposed increased rate. The builders are faulty in this case and the buyers have to suffer this time too as they have got signed such conditions in agreements from we the poor buyers ?

5) will the increased rate be applicable to the whole amount or upon the amount which we have already paid to the builder ?

6) In case full amount has not been paid but Full of EDC has been paid, still increased rate of EDC is to be paid by the buyer ?

7) Is same applicable in other states too ?

Somebody who knows the rule position on above please clarify for the knowledge of we the buyers.

Ajay Narula
ajaynarula
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dheerajjain » Mon May 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Govt. decides cut off date. Govt. normally revises EDC rates retrospectively. So, if Govt. decides that all projects who got licences after Jan 1, 2007 have to pay revised EDC charges, then the project who got licence in say March 2007 have to pay revised EDC charges and that will be applicable to both old and new buyers
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Next

Return to RTI Section