Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Community forum for members of BPTP Princess Park, Sector 86, BPTP Parklands, Faridabad

Demand Letter received for increased EDC Charges for BPTP Princess Park

Postby dhingra.monu » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Dear All,

I am Monu Dhingra,having flat in A tower Princess Park project. Yesterday i got EDC enhancement letter from BPTP.
Is any body else from BPTP Princess park , got the same.

If yes, how you guys going to deal with that ? Pls suggest....paying or waiting for legal action to take on that?

Regards

Monu Dhingra
+91-9650799336
dhingra.monu
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Demand Letter received for increased EDC Charges for BPTP Princess Park

Postby shubhohere » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Simple Suggestion: Ask basis of enhanced EDC to BPTP. If not getting the satisfactory reply, then may choose the legal path. Alternately, GFWA may have received a stay document from High Court of Chandigarh to pay the EDC.
shubhohere

Postby dhingra.monu » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:53 am

Hi,

Here is some query to GFWA core members on this issue:

1. Is GFWA got any stay order from court for not to pay EDC charges till legal action reach to its final conclusion.
2.If yes, Legal action for each project is separate or common for all project.If separate , then BPTP princess park member need to petition a file against Princess park?
3.As last date of enhanced EDC charges to pay is 27.09.2011. In that case should we pay or not ?

BR //

Monu Dhingra
+91-9650799336
dhingra.monu
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dhingra.monu » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 am

Hi,

Here is some query to GFWA core members on this issue:

1. Is GFWA got any stay order from court for not to pay EDC charges till legal action reach to its final conclusion.
2.If yes, Legal action for each project is separate or common for all project.If separate , then BPTP princess park member need to petition a file against Princess park?
3.As last date of enhanced EDC charges to pay is 27.09.2011. In that case should we pay or not ?

BR //

Monu Dhingra
+91-9650799336
dhingra.monu
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby Pankaj Rawat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Dear All,

Most of us have started receiving the demand for increase in EDC. As a part of Core member team within GFWA, I propose that we send across the attached letter to BPTP with copy to DTCP, HUDA and GFWA.

We have already been suffering from their delayed possession and unfriendly attitude.

Please note, not to pay increased EDC is totally individual decision.

The following are the Pros and Cons for not paying the EDC
Pros
1. No worries if we win the case
2. No need to chase the builder to recover the increased amount deposited.
3. No immediate hit on 2~3 Lakhs (2BHK/3BHK)

Cons
1. Interest payment on the increased EDC if we loose the case

Also, I propose that we all visit BPTP office at Gurgaon on 22-Sept at around 2:00pm and ask for explanation on EDC calcutaion and possession timelines.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj Rawat
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
Pankaj Rawat
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sonalpallavi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi, Apart from the enhanced EDC charges, they have asked me to pay interest amounting up to approx 10000/-. When asked the details of the interest, they sent me an account statement that shows mostly incorrect dates of payments made by me and on those they have charged 15% rate of interest. Though I have sent an email to them on this, but haven't got any response yet.
Want to know if others have also received this demand for interest?
sonalpallavi

Postby suhail » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi,

Yes, even I have been asked to pay an interest amount in addition to the enhanced demand amount.

And even I have sent a reply to them stating my inability to pay such unrealistic and unreasonable, hefty amount of money within such short span of time. And also the reference to this matter being subjudice.

But there has been no response from BPTP yet.

I am sure, they will just respond with "sorry-we-can't-help-it" type replies.

Regards
Suhail
suhail

Postby suhail » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:07 pm

I recall someone having written that, GFWA has gotten this demand payment stayed in the court. Is that true? And if so, where can we have a copy of that?

Regards
Suhail
suhail

Postby sonalpallavi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:12 pm

When I queried them about the interest, they replied . They sent an attachment , that contained the demand date, due date, payment amount, payment date and few other columns.
In the Payment Date column, they have mostly the dates when the receipts had been dispatched by BPTP and not the dates on which we deposited the payment.Most of such cases where they have charged interest is for 2006, 2007 and 2008 payments since nobody could recollect the details of what had happened so long back.That time BPTP didn't send the demand letters or payment acknowledgments by email and mostly the demand letters were dispatched by speed post at much later dates than mentioned in their demand letters and used to reach us even later. In the demand letters also, they never mentioned that any interest was outstanding for us. And all of a sudden they have come up with this . Their intention seems to compensate for the penalty they need to pay us in lieu of delayed possession.
sonalpallavi

Postby suhail » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 pm

So, what is the remedy? Are you guys going to pay?
suhail

Postby sonalpallavi » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:55 pm

I have sent them mails separately regarding the interest and EDC. I got a reply regarding interest payment that they are looking into it and it will take time. For mail regarding EDC , didn't get any reply yet.
sonalpallavi

Postby siddharth67 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Should we not gang up together next week at BPTP office and discuss there with front office people. A bigger group can definitely force higher up to meet us also. We have a problem related to interest charged by them also in the same demand note. We can also discuss on possession date as well as late delivery penalty clause.
siddharth67
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby ashish » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi All,

I too received my demand letter for EDC and Interest on Friday.
A hefty amount of interest has been charged based on wrong dates ( ie dates of raising of the printed bill not payment).
While I prepare an email to be sent to the customer care department, I too feel that it is high time that we gang up and go to BPTP as a group.

Also the general feeling amongst all the other group members is that Princess park people are very silent.

My suggestions,

1. Lets meet on Thursday 22 Sep at 2.00 PM at BPTP office in Gurgaon and talk about the possession,interest and penalty .
2. Lets defer our payment of the EDC till atleast the next hearing is over.

Thanks,
Ashish.
ashish
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby sonalpallavi » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:01 pm

I have added a column in the contact details excel for people to mark in Yes/No if they'll be able to come and attend the meeting at BPTP Gurgaon office on 22nd Sept at 2:00PM. Unless a combined action is taken nothing can be done on the issues we are facing. BPTP customer care has stopped taking our calls and 99% of the mail and post communications are not being responded to. Every one of us have tried handling this individually and failed. Please come up and do it in a group this time.
Please mark in the contact details excel if you'll be able to make it on the decided date and time.
Following is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... n_GB#gid=0
sonalpallavi

Postby beni.agrawal » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Dear All - I too have received this letter demanding for INR 2.12 Lacs for Enhanced EDC and INR 8,400 for some kind of interest element; I've recently moved to Mumbai so won't be able to attend the meet on the 22nd of Sep but please do post updates further to the meet;
beni.agrawal

Next

Return to BPTP Princess Park