Join us on Facebook
Become a GFWA member

Site Announcements

Invitation to RPS SAVANA Allottees to join Case in NCDRC against RPS Infrastructures Ltd

Have you submitted a rating and reviewed your project?
Rate & Review your project now! Submit your project and review.
Read Reviews! Share your feedback!

** Enhanced EDC Stayed by High Court **

Forum email notifications...Please read !
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to Noida
Carpool from Greater Faridabad to GGN

Advertise with us

Discuss about project Piyush Heights, Sector 89, Faridabad.

Demand of Rs 20,000 towards Compulsory PNG Gas Supply

Postby dheerajjain » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Piyush Group has raised a fresh demand of Rs 20,000/- towards installation of compulsory gas pipeline in each flat. While having gas pipeline is good, amount demanded raise concerns. I am having piped gas supply from IGL at my home in Delhi for which I had to pay only Rs 5,000/- and there is no Compulsion clause. Only few members in our society opted for piped gas supply and still amount remained same.

So, tough questions have to be asked to Piyush Management. They can't send one demand after another and that too compulsory demands. I think Piyush has to focus on giving possessions (which it is denying for 2 years now, they placed huge banners at project site promising possession in 2010 and still they have not given possession of even single tower). Let residents shift there and then RWA can take a call on piped gasline.

Attached is scanned demand
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
Or you must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Demand of Rs 20,000/- towards Compulsory Gas Supply

Postby hemantarora » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi Dheeraj,

Though I have not received any dmeand letter till now but I agree with you on this.

Every time these people are making unnecessary demands and when we are asking questions they do not even bother to reply.

I feel we should refuse this demand and send our dissent through speedpost letter/email on the following points:.

1. Why the money is being demanded now if the services will be provided after 1/3rd society will be occupied. I remember in my current society the PNG supply was not started till the occupancy reached 33 %, Piyush group has not even started providing the posession so why this demand in 2 year advance.
2. What is the basis of calculation of 20000/- , Which company is providing the supply ? We should directly fill the form and apply to the company. In delhi/NCR IGL charges only Rs 5000/ + 1000/- towards installation.
3. Why it is mandatory , it can not be made mandatory but should be voluntary , it is a clear case of violation of consumer rights and interest.

Please let me know if any other points needs to be debated with the Builder.
hemantarora
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby anubhavsahni » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Yes, Agreed.
A simple note should be sent as reply that we are not interested and they are in no way eligible to raise this demand.

Rgds,
Anubhav
anubhavsahni
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby dube_s » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:46 pm

They are making unjustified demand without assuring about possession date. Probably they need money & they are searching the way to collect from the Flat Owners. Kindly note this group has not deposited almost 90% of EDC amount they have collected earlier.

Moreover they have collected almost 90% amount from all flat owners & getting further amount without providing possession is difficult. Hence this is the new initiative (!!!) by the Piyush Group to collect at least 2.20 crore ( Simple calculation : Approx 1100 Flat X Rs 20,000 per flat ).

It is a high time now to meet Piyush Group & seek clarity regarding possession.

Request all Piyush Height's future residence get united & fix a date to meet the Piyush Management.

Regards
dube_s
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby rgoel24 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Dear All

sorry for replying late.
I am working in Adani gas, the company holding sole license of supplying gas to domestic, industrial, commercial and automobile sector of Faridabad district. We have supplied domestic gas (known as PNG) to various villages in Faridabad and few sectors of Faridabad city..

let me make one thing clear to you, there is no planning of our company to supply PNG gas to greater Faridabad till the time, when population becomes sufficient enough for our break-even to reach (as domestic segment is more a obligation rather than profit making :no: )...

so what to do..do which i think would be most suitable at this moment
1) ask your company to provide written confirmation whether they have any pact/contract with Adani gas for supplying PNG to their customers!
2) ask them about the time limit to which they (the builder) can provide the connection
3) why the charges are so exorbitant!! the connection charges are only Rs 5000 , that too all inclusive and refundable (as per PNGRB guidelines, check www.pngrb.gov.in)...no one can charge more than Rs 5000 for a domestic connection !!
4) opting for PNG connection is voluntary and their is no compulsion..

ask them in writing, and see the results (send you replies only by registered/speed post only)...

Regards
Rahul Goel
rgoel24
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby harisheil » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm

I also recd. letter dt. 16.02.12 from Piyush Buildwell (Signed by Mr. A. Bansal) demanding additional money for the Gas Pipeline for the Piyush Height Project. The project is running since 2007 with no sight of when this project will be handed over to its long awaited customers. What is shocking in the letter is the statement / word used that "this facility shall be COMPULSORY for every flat owner/resident". Hope they understand the meaning of word COMPULSORY. By no standard / regulation / circular / notification, this can be made a COMPULSORY service by unilateral decision of Piyush Group.
Ethics of the business says, whenever any new facility is conceived, consensus of all customers, who are ultimately going to pay for this facility, are taken. In this case let alone the consensus, the customer were not even informed and suddenly received this unjust demand though this shocking letter from M/s Piyush Buildwell.
The money demanded is also astonishingly high (Rs 19,413/-) while others are getting this facilities at much lesser price. This also shows intention of Ms Piyush Group in intimidating and confusing the customers through such letters in their bid to extract money from customers through inappropriate means.
I think, M/s Piyush Buildwell owes an apology to the customers of Piyush Height for issuing such letter. They must immediately withdraw this letter of additional & unjust demand money with promise that such mistakes will not be repeated by M/s Piyush Group in future.
harisheil
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Re: Demand of Rs 20,000 towards Compulsory PNG Gas Supply

Postby pramodraina » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:34 pm

I also received this demand a few weeks ago and as others have done I have also replied back.

I would request all to send this letter so as to let Piyush Group know that we are aware of ground realities.

To,
The MD/ Mr A. Bansal/ Mr Anil Goel/ Piyush Management

Attn: Following letter was sent to you through Speed post. Please acknowledge this letter and let me know your response ASAP.

Date: March 9, 2012

To,

The MD/ Mr A. Bansal/ Mr Anil Goel/Customer Care/Piyush Management
M/s.Piyush Buildwell India Ltd
New Delhi 110 044

This is with reference to letter (Ref # XXX) sent by you dated 16th Feb, 2012 for demand of Rs 19,413/- for piped gas installation for flat XXXX in name of XXXXXXXX in Piyush Heights. From the outset, I wish to inform that demand is illegal and in support of that will like to inform you and raise following points:

1. As per Govt. guidelines set by PNGRB (http://www.pngrb.gov.in), no installation company can charge more than Rs 5000/- for a domestic PNG connection. Sum of Rs. 5000/- too is all inclusive and refundable. By demanding Rs 19,413/- against installation of pipeline your company is engaged in unlawful practice as installation charges should be charged by the Govt. approved PNG vendor.
Attached charge sheet of 2 PNG companies (IGL & Mahanagar Gas) which clearly shows Rs. 6000 (Refundable) as Interest free Security deposit. Break up of security deposit is –
A) Rs 5000 against installation and
B) Rs 1000 against gas consumption

2. As per Govt. guidelines, opting for PNG connection is voluntary and there is no compulsion.

Hence, you are requested to follow laws and withdraw this demand from immediate effect or please provide the cost justification against your demand.

Thanks,
Pramod
You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post. Read FAQs
pramodraina

Postby harisheil » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:33 pm

Piyush Group retracts its declaration of Gas Pipeline Connection as “Compulsory Service” and instead has now declared it as an “Optional Service” for Piyush Heights Project due to serious concerns raised by Piyush Height customers who since then were feeling utterly betrayed by the unilateral decision of Piyush Group in demanding about Rs. 20,000/- for the Gas Pipeline Connection under pretext of Compulsory Service.

Better sense prevailed with Piyush Group this time. Congrats to all those who strongly felt this as an unjust demand and raised their voice against it through various forms.
harisheil
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby pramodraina » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 am

I also got a letter from Piyush Group stating that the connection is no longer compulsory......

Good to see that pressure tactics works....
pramodraina

Piyush Withdraws Demand of PNG After Buyers Strong Letters

Postby dheerajjain » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:36 am

Buyers reasoning, unity and letters have prevailed and we (Piyush Heights flat buyers) have successfully forced Piyush Group to rollback illegal demand of about Rs 20,000/- towards piped gas supply. Thanks a lot ! to members of forum for providing support, guidance and reasoning. Special thanks to Rahul Goel who provided expert comments as he is being associated with Adani Gas Limited. Based on reasoning and points mentioned in this discussion, we replied to Piyush Group and sent them speed posts/e-mails. Effects are before us. Piyush Group sent letters to all buyers intimating withdrawl of this demand. (pls find attached)

This is beauty of forum which provides platform for posting various issues faced by residential buyers in Greater Faridabad and members help in with their expert comments and viewpoints. Thanks a lot ! to Jayanta, young and dynamic innovator who single handedly created this forum and continues to work on upgrading it.
dheerajjain
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Postby s1joshi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Dheeraj

Thanks for sharing. This is not just a victory of Piyush flat owners, but a reminder to all of us on childhood stories we all heard/read during our early years with moral surrounding Unity is Strength , somehow as we grow older, we tend to get lot more individualistic, forgetting the power of togetherness.

Thanks Rahul for providing insider info and guiding all.

"There are no problems we cannot solve together, and very few that we can solve by ourselves." Johnson Lyndon
s1joshi
GFWA Member
GFWA Member

Return to Piyush Heights